Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BlackJack test

Posted by WiiPhlex 
BlackJack test
August 21, 2008 10:52AM
I've done a small and very basic version of black jack and don't have a wii... so if someone could tell me if the multiplayer thing works on this one -> [www.sendspace.com] just attach a couple of controllers before booting.
Re: BlackJack test
August 22, 2008 01:49AM
WiiPhlex
I've done a small and very basic version of black jack and don't have a wii... so if someone could tell me if the multiplayer thing works on this one -> [www.sendspace.com] just attach a couple of controllers before booting.
You call getNumberOfControls() too quickly. Put a main menu or just a message that says "Press A to begin"
EDIT: If you add this pause and it detects both controllers it will just change the name to Player2 it will not actually be 2 player

Also if you press A at "Do you want to play again" again will be 'y' which is not equal to 'n' so it will continue that loop over and over.
And why don't you use the pressed variable you just created instead of WPAD_ButtonsDown(0)?

Other than that it works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2008 01:58AM by vader347.
August 22, 2008 11:30AM
I don't call getNumberOfControls() too quickly as it is just a test, I will add a menu (if it requires) once I actually have sometime a little more to show for it.

Also if you press A at "Do you want to play again" again will be 'y' which is not equal to 'n' so it will continue that loop over and over.

Um... yeah that's the whole point...

And why don't you use the pressed variable you just created instead of WPAD_ButtonsDown(0)?
Dunno too tired to look into it tonight, will do in the weekend if I have a spare moment.
August 23, 2008 09:48PM
WiiPhlex
I don't call getNumberOfControls() too quickly as it is just a test, I will add a menu (if it requires) once I actually have sometime a little more to show for it.

Um... yeah that's the whole point...

Dunno too tired to look into it tonight, will do in the weekend if I have a spare moment.
I mean it continues to ask "Do you want to play again" instead of actually starting at the beginning.

Also if you don't put in a menu or a pause then the Wii won't have time to detect any controllers.

The real problem is even if it detects 2 controllers it won't start a 2 player games.
August 24, 2008 04:38AM
Yeah, I know I'm going to seperate each player object to only respond to a certain controller, (player 1 in the player 1 port etc), jsut haven't got around to it yet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login