Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Game cube games

Posted by Manoau2002 
Game cube games
February 25, 2009 05:17PM
During the game cube generation I bought a Playstation 2 and that's the only system I could afford/had time to play. Now that gamecube games are really cheap to purchase used I am wondering if anyone could recommend some good gamecube games to look for. Also are gamecube games as enjoyable on the wii as they were on the gamecube. I don't even know what mario games there were during the gamecube years.
Re: Game cube games
February 25, 2009 05:42PM
I highly recommend Metroid Prime, as I'm sure many other people would. Both 1 and 2 are great, with 1 being slightly better in my opinion. That and Tales of Symphonia are the best games for the cube imo.
February 25, 2009 10:45PM
I didn't play much on the GC except the Sonic games (which are great). But the mario game was Mario Sunshine... I didn't like it personally...
February 25, 2009 10:50PM
Almost all of the Nintendo games sucked on the gamecube. Nintendos best gamecube games were Luigis Mansion, Melee, and Twilight Princess. There were some amazing third party releases though. Namely; Resident Evil 1, Resident Evil 4, Metal Gear Solid the Twin Snakes, Killer 7, and Beyond Good and Evil are the first games that come to mind.

BTW, I really didnt care for the Metrid Prime games, I prefer the 2D Metroids actually. Having said that, Metroid Prime 3 is in my top ten list of the best Wii games.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2009 12:23AM by Arikado.
February 26, 2009 12:20AM
Super Smash Bros. Melee is good and I liked Luigi's Mansion also... Super Mario Sunshine wasn't bad. Oh, and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door and Pikmin (Which is also going to re-released for Wii)
February 26, 2009 12:32AM
I never tried Paper Mario, but I'm not a big fan of rpgs. I used to own Pikmin and I found that game to be awful. They actually gave you a time limit to beat the thing. If you ever got seriously lost, you were screwed. It didnt help that the game wasnt very linear.

The play on wii games actually do look pretty interesting. Mario Tennis looks fun (Wii Sports with control over where your character moves and better gamelplay to boot). I think Metroid Prime is at least worth a rent. While I didnt like the GC version too much, I did beat it and I'd like to see how the game translated to Wii. If they add in interactive elements (like the turning door handles and pulling levers in MP3) and the precise MP3 shooting and other Wii exclusive changes, I may have to end up buying it. The price point for the games are very nice too (same price as an NDS game which is cheaper than some PSP games).

Uh-oh a moderator is ranting offtopic in the offtopic section o.0
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login