Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where do people get their information?

Posted by bg4545 
Where do people get their information?
February 26, 2009 07:59PM
Well you may or may not know I have a noob guide for installing/using the HBC. At the bottom is my email, so every once in a while people email me with questions... I was just wondering why they don't use google a little bit. Usually I do a search before asking a question...
So here's one of those emails:
My email
Him: Does this homebrew for the wii still work with v3.4e
Also is there any difference between v3.4 and v3.4e
Just got the wii so a bit confused
Thanks

Me: Yes it works on 3.4. The E means you have a European/PAL Wii.

Him: So once installed will homebrew be on the wii when the sd card is removed. So downloaded and backup games can be played.
Thanks

Me: No you will still need the SD card. The homebrew isn't installed on the wii, it runs from the SD card. You can't play backup games on 3.4

Him: Sorry just one last question, how do you downgrade the wii with the homebrew channel if it goes once the sd card is removed?
Thanks for all your help

Me: The Homebrew Channel is installed on the wii, but not the homebrew itself. There's no way to downgrade legally

Him: So the homebrew channel is installed on the wii when the sd card is removed.
Thanks

Me: Yes, just like any other channel.
All of those questions could have been answered using google.
Re: Where do people get their information?
February 26, 2009 09:17PM
Heres a tip: Only put your email on your user page and not on other wiibrew pages. Most n00bs wont click on the authors name. In fact, you may want to avoid even putting your name on your WiiBrew pages if you can.
February 26, 2009 09:49PM
Well I don't mind the emails because I'm trying to help, but I'm wondering why they don't search at all for an answer before asking me.
February 26, 2009 09:56PM
I wonder the same thing when I look through the topics in the getting started forum everyday...
February 26, 2009 10:18PM
Haha oh yeah...
March 01, 2009 06:35AM
this may be out of line but i think i think they havent had their cranal-anal ectomy yet.... sorry for the bad touch.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login