Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hacks for Virtual Console

Posted by austinb 
Hacks for Virtual Console
March 04, 2009 10:56PM
I'm wondering, can you use an application from the homebrew channel or Gecko Os/Ocarina to hack Virtual Console games you own?
Re: Hacks for Virtual Console
March 04, 2009 11:36PM
March 04, 2009 11:40PM
March 05, 2009 03:50AM
if your are lookin g for cheat codes for the games, you have to know the games from where they first came out and what those cheats are... sonic 1... at the main menu press up,down,left,right... you will hear a ring and that confirms your cheats worked. and then hold"A" and press start... i believe "a" is "1".
March 06, 2009 01:13AM
ah, so they do not modify the original "rom" that is in the VG game?

surly they changed it to show the right buttons to press instead of having the sega genesis pad letters...
March 06, 2009 01:33AM
DrLucky
surly they changed it to show the right buttons to press instead of having the sega genesis pad letters...
Nope, that's in the operations guide.
March 06, 2009 05:28AM
wow, that's cool then...
March 07, 2009 05:50AM
dang it.....
March 22, 2009 03:54AM
i would think there could be, how else do you explain the cheats on brawl for the masterpieces? I can disable the time limit and do all kinds of hack-like stuff. would that be still be considered a cheat?
March 22, 2009 05:08AM
The masterpieces on brawl are disc based so you can still do cheats.
March 25, 2009 09:01PM
And the Brawl cheats are applyed to the emulator(s) that run the masterpieces, not to the actual pieces
March 26, 2009 03:38AM
austinb
I'm wondering, can you use an application from the homebrew channel or Gecko Os/Ocarina to hack Virtual Console games you own?

lol i said this once, if you dont know the cheats when it came out, then youre screwed.
March 27, 2009 05:06PM
or if you really wanted the original cheat codes for VC games.. you can always go to

[www.gamefaqs.com]

as they have all the 'legacy' game codes and reviews
March 27, 2009 10:03PM
Some of the original cheat codes (such as those in Kid Icarus) have been changed in their virtual console rerelease.

Seriously, why not just use emulation? (This is assuming you can legally do it of course)
March 29, 2009 04:24AM
Arikado
Some of the original cheat codes (such as those in Kid Icarus) have been changed in their virtual console rerelease.

Seriously, why not just use emulation? (This is assuming you can legally do it of course)

the emulation on the pc, you can edit the game... i remember with mario 3 i could play as tonuki through the whole game without losing it.... inculding dieing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login