Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Using Paypal for donations

Posted by Arikado 
Using Paypal for donations
March 24, 2009 11:43PM
I have access to a paypal account with which I would like to use to make a little cash. I've read through their terms of service and I'm sorta confused.

They have many strict regulations and I'm a little unsure of if the following would be a violation of their terms of use:
Using paypal to let people donate money towards my wii projects.

I appreciate any and all answers. If anyone knows of an alternative service that would better be a solution to this, I'm willing to listen as I'm very openminded to how to do this ATM.

Again, I really appreciate any replies that I recieve.

(I'm using a public computer right now I will try to check back to this topic as soon as I get to another device with an IB)

Thanks again in advance,
Arikado
Re: Using Paypal for donations
March 25, 2009 01:52AM
Arikado are you out of beer money again?

Do you a link to the paypal agreement so we can read through it?
March 25, 2009 01:57AM
Without going into details, I'm strapped for cash and in the middle of a crisis. Anything I can do and not have to really pay attention to is worth trying right now for me.

Legal agreements: [www.paypal.com]

Acceptable use policy: [www.paypal.com]

Thanks scanff :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2009 02:02AM by Arikado.
March 25, 2009 03:03AM
I can't see any reason from those terms why you could not accept donations. I think you're fine! I see the "donations" via paypal a lot on open source projects (even devkitpro's site).

I would suggest one thing that's make the projects open source, set up a page on sourceforge.net. I'll probably get more people contributing to paypal that way.

Your other options are:

- Set up a website and charge $1 a pixel for advertising space
- Hold a rabbit for ransom, threaten to eat him for Easter dinner unless you get $10K in donations

..... Sure there's more but I can't remember :P
March 25, 2009 03:38PM
Thanks again scanff :D I've placed a link for donations on my wiki user page right now. Of course, let me know if there are any problems with it (I'm screwed for life if I get this paypal account deactivated/frozen).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login