Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hello

Posted by CurlyPaul 
Hello
December 10, 2008 11:49PM
Hello,

I'm new here and thought I would introduce myself...

I live in the UK and I have a lovely wife and 3 great kids. I 'm a bit of a retro gamer and I love programming. I'm a professional software engineer but I'm a .net softy so I may still ask a few nooby questions.

I got interested in homebrew when my wife re-bought me a saturn last year to make up for having to sell my first one years ago when money was dead tight. I stumbled across Rockin'B's site and coding contests and got pretty interested in homebrew code. I ultimately lost interest as the framework was confusing, as was the documentation and without an Action Replay with a com port, its pretty depressingly slow to burn disks and boot them in the saturn every time I needed to check that some thing works or not.

I got hold of a copy of TP last week though and I've been enjoying messing around with the wii and I'm planning some projects to code in my head now. The wii seems pretty simply to program for and its very easy to get homebrew on the machine to test.

See you around
Re: Hello
December 11, 2008 12:41AM
Welcome to the forums. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. It's always great to have another coder in the forums ;)
Re: Hello
December 11, 2008 08:36AM
Indeed, welcome!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login