Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Syntax Error's Brawl Texture Hacks Stopped by Nintendo

Posted by bg4545 
Syntax Error's Brawl Texture Hacks Stopped by Nintendo
December 28, 2008 12:29AM
[url=http://unleadedmugen.com/stacksmash/?p=1987
Stack Smash Post 1[/url]]***UPDATE*** news from Stacksmash

2. Yes we (Stack Smash) have everything EE made. Unfortunately we can’t leak because Raganook would be held liable. That’s nooooo good. The only thing we can do is remix some of EE’s hacks and put a fresh Stack Smash spin on them, as that’s the only thing Rag gave us permission for.

3. Yes, Nintendo did indeed try to nail them with a lawsuit. Hacks are important but your life/career is more-so.

4. We’ll be moving to a new host soon in order to not be royally screwed by Nintendo’s bigwig lawyers and their hammer-space wallets and briefcases. I’ll still be your loving host and founder however. We’re not going anywhere as far as I can foresee so enjoy the ride.

5. Nintendo, if you’re reading this, what do you have to gain by putting a few fan-artists in jail? I know you need money but this is ridiculous. Going after the Homebrew Channel? Nope, gotta sue the fanartists. Going after GCTracker and all the other piracy sites? Nope, sue the fanartists! Instead of taking it out on your fans, the people that like you, want to pay tribute to you, take it out on the enablers of piracy. Syntax-Error wasn’t even going to distribute an ISO. It was a patch that would be worthless without an ISO.

They had long, winding legal agreements. They had all the attempts they can to remove anything illegal or promoting piracy. I don’t believe your legal department, with your infinite cashwads, could turn such a blind eye to all the pirates yet sue the people who are actually trying to make sure they don’t do anything illegal. That makes no sense. But, since you’re a huge multi-national corporation, I think you’ll enjoy ignoring this while you take it out on the little guy. G’night!

[url=http://unleadedmugen.com/stacksmash/?p=1945
Stack Smash Post 2[/url]]Alright, the story from ]EE[ is that they ran into some technical difficulties. They have some suspicions regarding the matter but the short and sweet version is that the patch will unfortunately not be released.

Syntax Error is sorry they couldn't release their hard work but sadly it could not happen, the circumstances were out of their hands.

They also want it made clear that their only intention, ever, was to spark interest in the game and pay homage to various characters, nothing more. Releasing everything to the public was meant to be as a sort of gift for the fans but as mentioned, this couldn't happen.

They appreciate the support of the fans through all of this and hope you have enjoyed what they brought to the game.
I was really looking forward to theose texture hacks =[
Re: Syntax Error's Brawl Texture Hacks Stopped by Nintendo
December 28, 2008 01:14AM
Me too. They had some really good creative ones. However, if the hack was fully working and usable it will most likely get leaked or a similiar hack will get released anonimously. I know firsthand tha homebrew coders don't give up that easily.

Mind you, I dont support running backups via the backup launcher (btw I always thought this was an ocarina code not an iso patch) but I chuckle at the thought of what would be going through Nintendo's (and n00b gamer's) heads when all these new textures started appearing on wifi play.

Let this be lesson everyone: Don't make your hacks public until you release them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2008 01:53AM by Arikado.
Re: Syntax Error's Brawl Texture Hacks Stopped by Nintendo
December 28, 2008 04:51AM
Arikado
but I chuckle at the thought of what would be going through Nintendo's (and n00b gamer's) heads when all these new textures started appearing on wifi play.

AFAIK they won't appear on your system. They only appear on systems which use the modified Brawl version.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login