Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What's with people

Posted by bg4545 
What's with people
January 04, 2009 05:51PM
saying "when I start the Homebrew Channel there's only bubbles! What do I do!?"
I was thinking maybe the wiki wasn't clear on it but I checked [[url=http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel]HBC wiki page[/url]]
And it's clear that you put apps in the apps folder...
Re: What's with people
January 04, 2009 06:09PM
lol. yeah, it's shocking the amount of idiots posting questions which have been answered repeatedly. Not only in guides etc. but even other forum posts

Almost seems daft building a search feature into a forum these days, very few use it!
January 04, 2009 06:35PM
I use it haha
and there's people who are still asking about WADs, backups, etc. even though it says it's not allowed on the first page
January 04, 2009 06:41PM
Not as bad as the illegal topics day after day.

When you see one of the "where me apps?" topics, please just kindly help these people to at least just get the homebrew browser up. Even the stupidest people could use it to get apps.
January 04, 2009 06:45PM
True haha
but sometimes it bugs me that people don't search or look at all.
I always use google, and then if I still need help, I'll ask

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2009 06:46PM by bg4545.
January 04, 2009 06:55PM
What we need is a .zip that has the twilight hack, the HBC, and the homebrew browser. Then we can just say, "Extract to the root of your card and you're good to go!"
January 04, 2009 07:00PM
That would probably help, but then we'd get people who don't really know what they're doing having possibly dangerous apps, and asking more question...
January 04, 2009 07:07PM
bg4545
That would probably help, but then we'd get people who don't really know what they're doing having possibly dangerous apps, and asking more question...
There are no dangerous or potentially malicous apps on the HBB. Even Starfall isnt on the HBB.
January 04, 2009 07:09PM
Well yeah, but they're on the Internet, but seeing that these people can't search, I guess that would be minimal...
January 04, 2009 07:16PM
Arikado
What we need is a .zip that has the twilight hack, the HBC, and the homebrew browser. Then we can just say, "Extract to the root of your card and you're good to go!"
Wasn't this already provided with the application pack for the HBC?
January 04, 2009 07:19PM
That doesn't have everything though does it? (Twilight Hack, HBC installer, HBB, etc.)
January 04, 2009 07:21PM
No, but I guess you'd need to get permission off the various owners before you created said package
January 04, 2009 07:23PM
whodares
Arikado
Wasn't this already provided with the application pack for the HBC?
Im talking about an all in one pack. Not just a few apps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2009 07:25PM by Arikado.
January 04, 2009 07:24PM
Oh yeah...
Do you think they'd allow it?
January 04, 2009 07:29PM
Don't know, I'm sure Team Twiizers and Teknecal (HBB) wouldn't have any objections, but you would really need to ask them
January 04, 2009 07:40PM
You would also need one package for below 3.4 and one for people on 3.4
January 04, 2009 07:45PM
Would you also need one for each region? Or could you get away with copying all 3 Twilight hacks to the same SD card?
January 04, 2009 08:03PM
Yeah, they'd be in different folders (RZDE, RZDP, RZDJ)
January 05, 2009 09:46PM
New wii owner and obviously new to this. I'm a sys admin for a large ERP app so I'm familiar with source code modifications, developers, etc, and have to admit it was a bit confusing, but I am a serious green bean regarding these matters (e.g., no idea what a wad is), but since I have some IT background was able to noodle "it" out with this site, HBC site, and the some others. Since I perform system installs and patches I'm familiar with documenting the installation/patch processes so was planning on documenting "it" in the next week or so, if there is interest? "It" was just to perform the TWH, install HBC, set up with some apps to prevent updates, e.g., install patchmii, dvdx, and gecko OS, which is all I've done to date so I can play tetris which I still can't get to work but will post in a seperate topic about that one :)
January 05, 2009 10:06PM
Tetris only works with gamecube controllers. Also its good to see someone looking for information.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2009 10:08PM by Arikado.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login