Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew update

Posted by marsh 
Homebrew update
June 21, 2009 04:40PM
I apologize if this is in the wrong place but....
a few days ago after being asked many times I did the HBC update. Of course I did this without thinking :(
The only game I play is AC:CF and I have NOT updated my wii.
The problem is that when I extract my game then put the sd card in my laptop to edit my town using AC Toolkit the saved game is not in my wiisave file, so therefore no town editing can be done. Am I missing a new step now? Should I uninsatll the HBC and reinstall using the zelda hack again? I don't want to do that cause it was a pain to in the first place. I have read all sorts of things about the update but don't really understand them. (sorry, newb here!) I did see that you now longer have to remove the sd card but using ac toolkit you have to. Any help would be greatly appreciated! If I haven't explained myself well please let me know and I'll try to give you more info.

Thanks again!!
Re: Homebrew update
June 21, 2009 05:12PM
I really have no idea what's going on here, but maybe that's because I'm unfamiliar with AC Toolkit. Could you explain the problem a little better? Is it that you updated HBC and it no longer works? If so, run WiiSCU with twilight hack or bannerbomb, and install IOS 60. That should fix it. If that isn't the problem, sorry I don't really understand what the problem is. Maybe someone else will be able to help you.
June 21, 2009 06:35PM
Hi
AC Toolkit is an editor for Animal Crossing City Folk. In order to make any changes it requires you to save your game to an SD card. Ac Toolkit is a software on your PC so this requires the SD card to be rmoved from the Wii and inserted into the PC. The problems occured when I updated the HBC and now the savgame extractor is NOT saving my game to the card. I assume it's a combination of updating the HBC and NOT updating my Wii. Also I assume the HBC update was geared towards the Wii update. I'm just not sure why it's now not saving even with updating the HBC. The steps are as follows....play game, save and quit game....open HBC..go to savextractor...load it...remove SD card...load onto PC..open AC Toolkit and edit your town. When I open the toolkit it says file does not exist. I look in the wiisave file and it's empty. Here's where I'm at a loss. It worked prior to the update so it has to be that. Hope I answered your questions. Let me know if I didn't.
P.S. what is wiiscu and bannerbomb and ISO60? Do I uninstall the HBC and if so do I need the zelda game to do it all over again? Sorry for all the questions but LOL the older I get the harder it is to understand these things :)
June 21, 2009 06:41PM
You're using Savegame Extractor, correct? Here's a guide.

1. Insert the Animal Crossing City Folk / Let's Go To the City Disk.
2. Open Savegame Extractor
3. When you see it finish booting, press Reset.
4. Wait until it completes and goes back to the 3 lines of instructions.
5. Press Power to return to the Wii System Menu.

Have fun with ACToolkit!
June 21, 2009 06:58PM
Thanks Zack but yes, that's what I do everytime. And, after editing I erase the game before loading the edited one, of course saving a copy to my pc. LOL..now I have a new townie and his house is up on the right ridge where I put all the sign posts. Poor guy can't get out!
June 21, 2009 07:43PM
Wait, so you had it working all along? Lol. You know you can delete the sign posts and you'll be OK, right?
June 21, 2009 07:57PM
Yeah I know this but the problem is that I cannot edit my current town because there is nothing to pull the Animal Crossing Game off onto a SD card now that I have updated the HBC. I DID NOT update the wii though. It's not saving my game to the card now.
June 21, 2009 08:06PM
So basically save game extractor isn't working? What firmware are you on? If you're on 3.2, have you tried preloader or gecko os reboot with hooks to remove the copy protection on the saves?
June 21, 2009 08:48PM
It doesn't work like that. It doesn't give you the data.bin, it gives you the actual files in the /data/ directory of your game.
June 21, 2009 09:16PM
Whaaaa I don't want to go through another installation of the HBC! It wasn't easy for me the first time :(
June 21, 2009 09:20PM
Cos this is giving me a headache I think I will reload the HBC. If I do is there now a way to install it without using the zelda game as I do not have access to it at the moment. And if I reload it will it NOT come with the update?
thanks
June 21, 2009 09:29PM
Look up Bannerbomb on Wiibrew.
June 21, 2009 10:45PM
[www.wiibrew.org]

No offense, but I think the AC Toolkit is a hell of a lot harder to use than it is to install the homebrew channel
June 21, 2009 11:04PM
none taken. but of course once you know how it's like riding a bike. My trouble in the beginning was that there were so many ppl saying different was to install the HBC which was confusing and also I'm not great at this stuff anyway.
July 01, 2009 04:49PM
Is the savegame extractor giving you any kind of error message when you run it?

If you use your PC to delete the save folder from the SD card, does it show up again after running the savegame extractor?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login