Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Three Questions.

Posted by St.Jimmy 
Three Questions.
July 02, 2009 02:33AM
Hey guys!
I'm St. Jimmy, the unofficial, unrecognized patron saint of cupcakes!(don't ask)
I'm super new to the wii mod scene (A.K.A. this afternoon), but I've modded my xbox, run all kinds of operating systems, and voided many warranties.
I say this to establish that I understand a lot of technical stuff, just not with the wii.
So, I've got three questions about the scene and my newly modded wii.

1. I installed BootMii under Boot2. I'd like to make a NAND backup, but I don't know how. Ho do I?
2. How would I go about restoring said backup?
3. Why the adverse attitude to .WADs? Please don't ban me, I just want to know.
Thanks in advance,
St.Jimmy
Re: Three Questions.
July 02, 2009 02:40AM
WADS are often used to install illegal VC/wiiware games. Please don't speak of them here. :)

To backup your NAND, just go to the far right square (the one with the little cogs) and press reset on it. You will then see two little icons: one of them has a green arrow pointing to the SD card, and the other has a red arrow pointing away from the SD card. To backup the NAND, press reset on that icon. Make sure you have at least 1 gig free on your SD card.

To restore the NAND, press reset on the red arrow.

Hope that answers your questions! :D

Edit:
St.Jimmy
I'm St. Jimmy, the unofficial, unrecognized patron saint of cupcakes!

I don't wanna know.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2009 02:42AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 02, 2009 03:33AM
WaxyPumpkin72
WADS are often used to install illegal VC/wiiware games. Please don't speak of them here. :)
Ah.

WaxyPumpkin72
To backup your NAND, just go to the far right square (the one with the little cogs) and press reset on it. You will then see two little icons: one of them has a green arrow pointing to the SD card, and the other has a red arrow pointing away from the SD card. To backup the NAND, press reset on that icon. Make sure you have at least 1 gig free on your SD card.

To restore the NAND, press reset on the red arrow.

Hope that answers your questions! :D
It does, thanks!

WaxyPumpkin72
Edit:
St.Jimmy

I don't wanna know.....
You really don't.
July 17, 2009 05:09PM
St.Jimmy
I do...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login