Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

deleting unwanted IOS

Posted by junky562 
deleting unwanted IOS
August 20, 2009 01:12AM
hello, um i recently installed cIOS60 or 61 idk i forgot, and i would like to delete them. i been researching how to delete them and you can delete them thank god but should i delete them or not? i dont think they affect my gameplay, do they? also i had only installed 1 cIOS60, but i ran the IOS sanity check app and it said i have 61 installed as well it asked me if i wanted to install 61 and i said no but the IOS checker said i had installed it so idk lol. is there a list out there of the IOS that should be installed on the wii? i have bootmii installed and that hbc (obviously) but i would feel a lot safer knowing which IOS should be there and which shouldnt.
and If this is in the wrong place then please by all means move it thnx!
and if u guys would like 2 know my wii history or what games i have that will help u guys know which IOS i have please ask thnx agin!
Re: deleting unwanted IOS
August 20, 2009 01:46AM
Umm IOS 60 is used by the system menu and IOS 61 is used by HBC.
August 20, 2009 02:06AM
Just use WiiSCU to install the regular IOS60 and 61
August 20, 2009 12:44PM
Deleting IOS60 will brick your Wii if you are on 4.0/4.1.

IOS60 and 61 should both be on your wii, but you messed up 60 with cIOS. (cIOS messes up stuff, especially when it isnt installed to the IOS249 slot).

As said, use WiiSCU to install IOS60, this will make it the regular version, not cIOS.
August 21, 2009 12:56AM
alright thanx!! btw sorry i forgot to add that i am on 4.0 sorryl probably would of helped if said before hand thnx! oh yea i forgot 1 quick question if i use WiiSCU will i get multiple/duplicate channels? like weather/forecast/shop channels? coz i heard its riskier on 4.0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2009 01:01AM by junky562.
August 21, 2009 01:07AM
No, you'll only be installing the two IOSs
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login