Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Python Scripts

Posted by TopGun96 
Python Scripts
August 26, 2009 10:19PM
I am trying to get the mac version of NUS WAD Packer to work. Seeing as NUSD doesn't have a mac port I will have to use this. My problem is that the Mac version is Intel only.
Now i have downloaded the source and it came as a bunch of python scripts. I am pretty sure that they are not all for the same app. There are a lot of .py files and there is one called nus wadpacker.py . This is obviously the one I am supposed to make. I have installed MacPython 2.5 then double clicked the python script (which i believe is supposed to make the script into an app)

Can anyone give me an explanation on how to make this work? Thank you in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2009 10:20PM by TopGun96.
Re: Python Scripts
August 26, 2009 11:27PM
Have you got Python installed? I dont know what MacPython is, but Python is called Python regardless of platform. You should be able to just install Python, then double click the nus wadpacker.py and it'll run, without it being compiled to an app. Python is a scripting language, so you run the scripts, and these are "compiled" at run time.
August 26, 2009 11:34PM
MacPython is a port of Python to the Mac platform. I installed it from the Xcode download at apple.com. All that is in the MacPython 2.5 folder is an app called "build applet"
(not sure what it does though)
August 26, 2009 11:36PM
Download Python from python.org. There's a Mac version there. Download it and install it, then try double clicking the .py file.
August 29, 2009 11:06PM
Alright if i open it in Python Launcher i get this error: ImportError: No module named Crypto.Cipher
August 29, 2009 11:51PM
I think you need PyCrypto for this script by the sounds of things. Not sure where exactly you'd get it, I guess google would be your friend.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login