Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why Does Wii Get All The Crap?

Posted by chey_Zx 
Why Does Wii Get All The Crap?
September 14, 2009 02:45AM
Why are all of these 3rd pardy producers designing these cheezey games for wii. for example in every 5 games that come out only 2 are actualy worth buying. it seemes like the only one that does a good job is nintendo. (srry if it sounds like im ranting but really just think about it, the wii has become the system with mainly crap games) ={
WHY?
Re: Why Does Wii Get All The Crap?
September 14, 2009 04:38AM
seek
Anyway, I'm saying the third-party developers seem to be dominating the business decisions of Nintendo as their cheap, crude, and borderline worthless titles (any game based on a kid's movie kthx) are selling like beer at Wrigley Field. So other developers see this and think, 'hey, why do I need to waste valuable capital making a high-value game when I can sell this powerpoint slideshow I made last night to someone's mom or grandpa who couldn't tell the difference between it and CoD4 and yet who would pay the same price for either? If I'm going to make a serious title, then I should be making it for a console who's users would appreciate (buy) it.' And they would be smart to do just that because video games are a business, and if you bought the game nobody gives a further damn if you enjoyed it or not, your money is theirs and that's what matters.

And therefore the Wii is, from a business standpoint, a supplement to the orthodox consoles and will remain so for as long as the developers treat it as such. It is the platform developers know they can turn to when they want to generate some revenue for a serious project on another console.
Bottom line: homebrew is the only thing that can save the wii, and is the best thing that ever happened to it.
from this topic:wiibrew forums
September 14, 2009 06:01AM
chey_Zx
Why are all of these 3rd pardy producers designing these cheezey games for wii. for example in every 5 games that come out only 2 are actualy worth buying. it seemes like the only one that does a good job is nintendo. (srry if it sounds like im ranting but really just think about it, the wii has become the system with mainly crap games) ={
WHY?
Dude, I know!! Its depressing. These third party companies are really lacking ideas (except for a select few :P)!

Here's a list of some of the dumb ones:

[www.nintendo.com]
[www.nintendo.com]
[www.nintendo.com]

And the worst:
[www.nintendo.com]

Ahh! Its hannah montana!
September 14, 2009 07:51AM
Well the biggest issue from a developer is the game title is not easily ported to Wii. So they just say F it this game is not getting developed for Wii.
September 14, 2009 09:16PM
Yeah from my POV it's 3rd party develepers. example i own metroid prime 3, aiming and everything works pretty decently. but a friend let me borrow COD5, the aiming was louzy and it had corny gimmicks for melee attack and reloading. And it suck because for a while nintendo had a pretty good line up of games.
P.S. You left one out
Nintendo.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 09:20PM by chey_Zx.
September 15, 2009 12:22AM
chey_Zx
P.S. You left one out
Nintendo.com
lol. I agree. It's the first and worst M-rated game for Wiiware. (I haven't even owned it. lol. I just read the description, then hurled.)
September 15, 2009 07:45PM
chey_Zx
Yeah from my POV it's 3rd party develepers. example i own metroid prime 3, aiming and everything works pretty decently. but a friend let me borrow COD5, the aiming was louzy and it had corny gimmicks for melee attack and reloading. And it suck because for a while nintendo had a pretty good line up of games.

This proves a lot, HVS (High Voltage Software) were discussing everything about Conduit with Nintendo, they would consistenyl try to see if they could improve it using nintendos knowledge of the wii, and to be honest, Conduit is an awesome game in terms of controls, it feels way smoother than nintendo controls (i compared it with the aiming in twilight princess and crossbow training and they suck in comparison, but that might be due to 3rd person), so all that HVS have done other than prove that the wii is uber hardcore, is that cooperation is KEY!!!

If someone created homebrew without ever looking at libogc or how the wii works i doubt they could do much, HVS probably know the wii as much as or maybe more than bushing and others at twiizers

(the bastardised elitists say conduits ps2 graphics make it look like shit even though the wii has more power than the original xbox, and conduit looks like god of war, atleast when i took a look at it)
September 15, 2009 08:15PM
I'd say HVS know the wii more than twiizers, seeing as they have access to the official SDK, and info from Nintendo and stuff like that. No offence to twiizers, they're pretty awesome.
September 17, 2009 08:01PM
SifJar
I'd say HVS know the wii more than twiizers, seeing as they have access to the official SDK, and info from Nintendo and stuff like that. No offence to twiizers, they're pretty awesome.
Anyone one could get access to a list of sdk functions by "borrowing" garage engines's torque game engine which has wii support

but i didnt mean software wise, i was referring to how the wii works, but you might still be right anyway
September 23, 2009 10:38PM
because god hates the wii
September 25, 2009 02:02PM
SifJar

Actually, they probably don't. The SDK will most likely hide the technical details in the same way as libogc hides things from the homebrew developer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2009 02:02PM by whodares.
September 27, 2009 07:58PM
HVS is probably much better at game developing than the members of Twiizers. Twiizers is probably much better at developing low-level software than HVS is. They are not in the same field, besides their mutual use of the Wii platform.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login