Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2 HBCs?

Posted by TopGun96 
2 HBCs?
October 11, 2009 03:14AM
Since the old and new HBC have different title IDs, would it be possible to have both installed at the same time? What about DVDx? Thanks in advance.
Re: 2 HBCs?
October 11, 2009 03:39AM
HackMii installer should auto-delete the old HAXX HBC if it finds it, same for DVDX. (Just guessing here btw)
October 11, 2009 03:58AM
The current HackMii Installer deletes the old homebrew channel, but not the old DVDx.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2009 04:00AM by jbc007.
October 11, 2009 07:24AM
it should and does, but this is in theory possible, if you do a WAD install of one of them
October 11, 2009 11:41AM
Why would you wan't two HBC's, anyway?
October 11, 2009 02:02PM
i'm guessing preloader. (it still tries to load HAXX) however, there is a modified version floating aroung which loads JODI instead. But having DVDx stay would be more useful. Anyway, perhaps if you run HackMii Installer 0.6, THEN 0.3, it'll install the old versions along side the new ones? I believe 0.6 will delete the old one (definetly HAXX), then install the new one, but 0.3 doesnt know about JODI, so will probably just think you dont have HBC at all.
October 11, 2009 03:45PM
metroid_maniac
Why would you wan't two HBC's, anyway?
I was just wondering because I saw someone with both userboxes (HBC 1.03 & 1.0.6) on the wiki.

Sif Jar
i'm guessing preloader. (it still tries to load HAXX) however, there is a modified version floating aroung which loads JODI instead. But having DVDx stay would be more useful. Anyway, perhaps if you run HackMii Installer 0.6, THEN 0.3, it'll install the old versions along side the new ones? I believe 0.6 will delete the old one (definetly HAXX), then install the new one, but 0.3 doesnt know about JODI, so will probably just think you dont have HBC at all.

Nah. I don't have preloader. I was just wondering if it was possible. I think your idea would work though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2009 03:48PM by TopGun96.
October 11, 2009 07:20PM
i have two versions of HBC well before 4.0, i had copied the first beta which wasnt timed and kept it and when i upped to 4.0 i could load it using the sd card menu, i havent loaded it recently but if nintendo was to completely block of hbc my sd card SHOULD stay safe since nintendo is denied access to it due to the data protection act
October 11, 2009 08:37PM
yeah, but Nintendo would remove the ticket on your Wii which allows you to run it, so you'd kinda be SOL either way.
October 12, 2009 07:45PM
^it still runs with the HAXX ticket removed anyway, either the current hbc ticket is enough to validate it or the old wasnt uninstalled
October 12, 2009 09:26PM
So, you can load HAXX HBC from the SD card on 4.2? I assume you need a trucha patched IOS70, but still, thats kinda interesting.
October 12, 2009 09:51PM
SifJar
So, you can load HAXX HBC from the SD card on 4.2? I assume you need a trucha patched IOS70, but still, thats kinda interesting.
I think it just deletes HAXX and DVDX on boot.
October 12, 2009 11:15PM
SifJar
i dont have 4.2 but the fact is that hackmii removes the ticket anyway and the fact it can run (will check again, may have been dreaming again) is odd as it breaks the rules but then again they may have fubared this update as well
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login