Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Standby Mode Broken?

Posted by CyberianTiger 
Standby Mode Broken?
October 20, 2009 12:15AM
After setting my Wii up for homebrew with BootMii the machine won't go into standby mode. I noticed this well after it was modified so I can't say for sure that's the cause.

If I hold the power button on the remote, the screen is shut down (My tv says no signal available) but the green light on the Wii stays lit and I'm able to eject anything that's in the drive. Once the system goes into this mode the remotes are non-responsive. The reset button doesn't do anything and the only way to recover from this mode is by holding the power button until the light goes red then pressing it again to boot (or using the remote).

I honestly can't think of anything I did that would cause this, and it was working fine before. I'm not seriously concerned about it; it's more of an annoyance than anything else, however, I would like to fix it if possible.

Has anyone has a similar issue, or might know of what's going on?

This is a LU64 system, using 4.1 firmware.
Also, I've tried disabling WiiConnect24 and such options. Nothing changes.
Re: Standby Mode Broken?
October 20, 2009 01:24AM
Do you have preloader installed? If so, make sure the "skip stand-by" option is off. If not.... That's weird.
Re: Standby Mode Broken?
October 20, 2009 09:54PM
as well as the above question, are you colour blind in anyway ... well you could be
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login