Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii 2?

Posted by hunterm 
Wii 2?
November 15, 2009 04:50AM
Ok, so one of us have probably heard this somewhere:

http://nintendo-revolution.blogspot.com/
MaxConsole has published rumours about a possible hardware upgrade for the Wii console. The system is said to be Blu-ray enabled and will apparently feature 1080p support.

A simultaneous worldwide release date is said to be planned for the third quarter of 2010 and Nintendo is apparently considering a trade-in scheme for original Wii consoles. The site lists a marketing employee of Nintendo of France as the original source.

So, if any of this is true... doesen't anyone think Ninty is going to try to block homebrew? I've been racking my brain, thinking they will.

Calling all Team Twiizers, what are we gonna do?!?!?
What do you think?
Re: Wii 2?
November 15, 2009 05:16AM
it's not happening. This rumor has been floating around for a while now.
November 15, 2009 06:11AM
i havent heard that, the only thing ive heard is about the supposedly new wii's with normal dvd support(although that is already accomplished with DVDX)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2009 06:11AM by darklink.
November 15, 2009 07:27AM
darklink
i havent heard that, the only thing ive heard is about the supposedly new wii's with normal dvd support(although that is already accomplished with DVDX)
That could also be accomplished with a software (System Menu) update.
November 15, 2009 07:33AM
i know since dvdx is software
supposedly ninty said that old wii's wouldnt be able to play dvd's because they were gonna use a new disc drive
November 15, 2009 07:46AM
That would be misinformation
November 15, 2009 07:08PM
and besides, you wouldn't play the wii 2, it would play you!
November 19, 2009 10:50PM
No. I would play itself like NSMB2.
You just sit back, relax and enjoy the spectacle.
Now your hands are free to hold a drink and a pack of filthy greasy potato chips.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login