Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

i think my flash is stuck?

Posted by evan 
i think my flash is stuck?
November 29, 2009 10:13PM
i installed hbc and it asked if i wanted to make it my start page now it wont go back to the list of channels and discs dont make anything happen i didnt know anything about this i just followed instructions
Re: i think my flash is stuck?
November 29, 2009 10:44PM
if you wanted....to make the HBC...your start page?

What instructions did you follow
November 29, 2009 11:12PM
hold reset as you turn on your wii. This should bring up preloader menu (as I am assuming you installed it and set it up). Scroll to "settings" and press A. Then scroll to "autoboot" and change it with left/right to "System Menu". Then scroll to "Return to" and use left/right to set it to "autoboot". This should fix your problem. In future, dont install ANYTHING or run ANY app, unless you know what it is and what it does. (i.e. dont blindly follow a wii "modding" guide)
November 29, 2009 11:58PM
Thanks SifJar, I'm not very good with Preloader. I never used it myself, way back when I needed to follow fail guides, I never installed Preloader...or rather, I did, but hid it from myself ASAP, now I know better and have modded my console minimally, but with BootMii, and I have read up on everything (except Preloader =p )
November 30, 2009 05:10PM
Put simply, "preloader" is an application that goes just in front of the Wii Menu. preloader, on a new install will bring you to a menu choosing from Homebrew and Wii Menu. Most people prefer to have it autoboot (automatically load) the Wii Menu, but you have it auto loading Homebrew. If you try to load the Wii Menu now you're in Homebrew, it loads preloader by accident and preloader autoboots homebrew again. However, holding the Reset button while loading preloader will override the autoboot, bringing you to the Homebrew/Wii Menu menu. So hold the Reset button, while you turn on your Wii, change the options to make it autoboot the Wii (system) Menu.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2009 05:11PM by metroid_maniac.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login