Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

*Sigh* Someone Help.

Posted by Matando 
*Sigh* Someone Help.
May 13, 2009 02:16AM
Okay, I really want to test out the bannerbomb exploit, but NONE of the files work. I tried them all.
What happens is I formatted my 1GB Wii SD card to fat and extracted the zip archive to the root of my sd card, w/ folders intact. I then compiled the Hello World example and placed it on the root of the card renaming it to boot.dol.

I then proceed to load up my wii without the SD card in and go to the channels section of the data mangment menu. Then I click the SD tab and insert my SD Card.

Then All I get Is An EMPTY list of channels. Nothing pops up, it doesn't lock up, nothing Happens!

Why is this, I understand it's an alpha but has this happened for anyone else?

Oh and just a side note I'm on 3.2U with the homebrew channel installed. I just want to check out bannerbomb and see how it works.

Also I posted this topic on GBATemp(lol, epic fail) and nobody was able to help me. And I thought since this is a more Intelligent forum, I might as well ask the experts :)
Re: *Sigh* Someone Help.
May 13, 2009 02:59AM
I can't vouch for being more intelligent, but I am surprised that none of the variations worked.
You have tried all of the files from the larger list?
No other channels saved to SD card?
Out of curiosity, what is your system menu version?
Beyond the above and checking over the steps, I don't think there is much anyone can do, aside from Comex himself.

Oh and it does the same job as the TP hack, without the need to run a game, but with some odd bugs.
As an outside chance... you could try using loadmii as the boot.dol, in case your compiled .dol was interfering.
May 13, 2009 03:06AM
tried loadmii, didn't change anything.

Oh, and yes I tried everything from the larger list, w/ no other channels on the sd card.
My System Menu version is 3.2U as stated above.

And I contacted Comex telling him this but I unfortunatly go no reply :(
May 13, 2009 03:19AM
you could check your SD card to make sure everything is in the correct place...
(Ex. SD:\private\wii\title\aktn\content.bin ; SD:\boot.dol )

I've also heard that there can't be a disc in the Wii, although Brawl being in there didn't affect mine...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2009 03:21AM by bg4545.
May 13, 2009 03:55AM
Matando
My System Menu version is 3.2U as stated above.
My reading comprehension is excellent today. Doh. Sorry.
Matando
And I contacted Comex telling him this but I unfortunatly go no reply :(
Yeah, I'd think you are unlikely to. I imagine he has a rather long list of "halp me wit banerbob" emails, and a fairly decent amount of bug reports.

Well, at least you are lucky enough to have HBC still =/
May 13, 2009 06:32PM
I had exactly the same problem =( , but with 3.3U.

bg4545
I've also heard that there can't be a disc in the Wii, although Brawl being in there didn't affect mine...

Hmmm, my Wii was with Mario Kart into the drive. Doesn't make sense, but I gonna try that later.
May 23, 2009 03:11PM
I've got the same problem with 3.3E, virgin Wii.

Tried about 50 combos of zips, boot.dols and SD card format options.

Never seems to to a thing - Just looks like a blank Save SD. No freezes, no pop-ups, nothing.

The IRC forums seem stumped that this is happening - I hope adding to this thread will help get noticed.

BTW - Matando -TERRIBLE name for a thread. Always mention the problem. Not just "help". Sheesh... 'Forums 101' I thought...
May 24, 2009 05:31PM
freaky. Hmmmm... I did have a disk in the drive when I did it. What was it? Oh, yeah, my 3.4U wii worked with NiGHTS Journey of Dreams in the drive. Don't even ask. I used the archive on top (I use list view on my computer)
Bannerbomb does nothing? - Try the 'Archive' attribute!
May 25, 2009 10:55PM
I figured it out!

There is a mention on the Twilight hack page something like "Some users have reported that the saved channel does not appear if the 'Archive' attribute is not set on the .bin save file".

In Windows, I found the content.bin file deep down under 'private', went Right click->properties, Ticked 'Archived'.

- Followed the Bannerbomb instructions again, and it WORKED FIRST TIME.

I don't understand why this happened to just me, but THE ARCHIVE BIT NEEDS TO BE SET ON THE .bin FILE.

I was using 7-zip on Shista (Vista) to extract - Maybe it does something unusual with the archive bit.

So if all you see is a blank-looking SD card on the Wii, try the Archive bit.

And will someone get Comex to update his page, and someone else with a login update the WiiBrew pages.

Cheers.
Re: Bannerbomb does nothing? - Try the 'Archive' attribute!
May 29, 2009 02:14AM
Holy BANNERBOMB!!!

It Worked, awesome thanks :)
Re: Bannerbomb does nothing? - Try the 'Archive' attribute!
December 26, 2009 10:35AM
YeloSno
I figured it out!

There is a mention on the Twilight hack page something like "Some users have reported that the saved channel does not appear if the 'Archive' attribute is not set on the .bin save file".

In Windows, I found the content.bin file deep down under 'private', went Right click->properties, Ticked 'Archived'.

- Followed the Bannerbomb instructions again, and it WORKED FIRST TIME.

I don't understand why this happened to just me, but THE ARCHIVE BIT NEEDS TO BE SET ON THE .bin FILE.

I was using 7-zip on Shista (Vista) to extract - Maybe it does something unusual with the archive bit.

So if all you see is a blank-looking SD card on the Wii, try the Archive bit.

And will someone get Comex to update his page, and someone else with a login update the WiiBrew pages.

Cheers.

Have been testing with all formatting of SD card, different SD cards, different time to insert the SD card to the Wii. Different version of BannerBomb.
None worked.

But this is the answer!!! Thanks a ton. I will help to spread this great piece of info out!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login