Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

THE OFFICIAL SUPER NINTENDO MARATHON ! ! !

Posted by devonodev 
THE OFFICIAL SUPER NINTENDO MARATHON ! ! !
August 27, 2008 12:09PM
Hi Everyone. I'm Devonodev.

Soon (When i'm on school holidays) I will prove just how much I like playing Snes Games.

I will play 807 games for 5 minutes each. This will add up to 4035 minutes, or 67.25 hours i think. This is nearly three days!

I will not take any breaks, but I will have food. I will probably have some friends over at my house for moral support. Or just to laugh at my pain. lol

I am saving up for a new video camera and I will be recording the entire time. I will stream live so you can watch it as I play. After, I will upload the marathon on to youtube so you can watch it if you missed the live stream.

I am not doing for money, or charity. I am only doing this to prove a challenge to my self.

Thank you, and please stay tuned for more updates as the time comes closer.
Re: THE OFFICIAL SUPER NINTENDO MARATHON ! ! !
August 27, 2008 12:28PM
Legend.
August 27, 2008 04:35PM
Nice to see some people actually have time to play games aswell :)
August 27, 2008 05:34PM
Are you using an emulator or an actual snes.
August 27, 2008 08:04PM
807 games...You have to be rich to have that much <.<
August 28, 2008 12:03AM
That's why I was thinking emulator. Just for fun could you tell us some (most (all)) of what you'll be playing? Nothing personal, but how could you have fun with only 5 minutes per game?
August 28, 2008 02:31AM
i agree, i think the marathon should be same time length, but make it as many games u can beat before time is up
August 28, 2008 10:12PM
if he does this he shall be legend, whom which we shall tell our grandchildren.
August 28, 2008 10:35PM
Eh...I don't know if I will tell my grandchildren this :\
August 28, 2008 11:44PM
@Xylite
Or how many games you can beat without leaving the screen.

So... Erm... If you're not taking breaks are you at least using adult diapers?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2008 11:44PM by Arikado.
August 29, 2008 12:55AM
Xylite
i agree, i think the marathon should be same time length, but make it as many games u can beat before time is up
That just gave me a great idea for a competition that we could all compete in without having to spend 67 hrs (we're not all legends like devonodev will be if he completes this)
We can see who can beat the original Super Mario Bros for NES with the fastest time. This can be for us Sprinters since devonodev's marathon would be far to difficult.
Rules can be no emulators, it must be on the virtual console or actual NES (so no macros/cheats used) and a video by the winner must be submitted that starts right from the launch of the game using a video camera (as opposed to screen capture through cpu (too generic and can probably be found somewhere on the internet)) and shows us that no cheating device is being used to play.

I don't know what my best time for this is but I beat it a couple times without loosing any lives.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2008 12:57AM by DrMario.
September 03, 2008 11:06AM
hey
thx for your comments

i will be using an emulator to play the games
and i have a pc control that is like the snes control, but it has extra L + R buttons

[au.youtube.com]
here is a link to my youtube channel, it will have updates about the marathon

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2008 11:07AM by devonodev.
September 03, 2008 01:54PM
A pc? At least use the Wii emulator and classic controller!
September 05, 2008 10:14AM
actually... that isnt a bad idea. my only consern is that the games have a bit worse quality in the wii emulator.

ill think about it!
September 05, 2008 04:41PM
DrMario
Xylite
That just gave me a great idea for a competition that we could all compete in without having to spend 67 hrs (we're not all legends like devonodev will be if he completes this)
We can see who can beat the original Super Mario Bros for NES with the fastest time. This can be for us Sprinters since devonodev's marathon would be far to difficult.
Rules can be no emulators, it must be on the virtual console or actual NES (so no macros/cheats used) and a video by the winner must be submitted that starts right from the launch of the game using a video camera (as opposed to screen capture through cpu (too generic and can probably be found somewhere on the internet)) and shows us that no cheating device is being used to play.

I don't know what my best time for this is but I beat it a couple times without loosing any lives.
my best timee is around 6-8minutes
September 05, 2008 09:24PM
I use lopst's snes9x emulator, and with the classic controller there is no difference at all in the gameplay that I can notice.
September 29, 2008 02:35PM
There is a few days to go. It will most likely starting in 2 days, Wednesday, 1st of October. You will be able to watch it at [www.ustream.tv].

i hope you can all watch some of it
September 29, 2008 09:08PM
Oh, I'll be watching. So what emulator are you using after all (wii or pc one?)?
October 01, 2008 03:48AM
GO HERE AT NOW!!!
[www.ustream.tv]

and i will be using pc emulator

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2008 10:20AM by devonodev.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login