Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to submit update to SD/SDHC Compatibility list?

Posted by jesse 
How to submit update to SD/SDHC Compatibility list?
November 03, 2010 03:09PM
I bought a Lexar 2GB SD card yesterday to use in my Wii after looking through the list at:
[wiibrew.org]

Since there's no model/part numbers for the cards, I just got a cheap $12 (CDN) one.

Part # LSD2GBASBWMC Rev B

This card:
[www4.shopping.com]

I first formatted it on my Mac to FAT32, and it didn't work. (Using Kingston card reader)
I then formatted it in WIndows 7 to FAT32, and it didn't work. (Using same Kingston card reader)
I then formatted it in WIndows 7 to FAT (16), and it didn't work. (Using built-in SD slot on Dell Inspiron laptop)
I then formatted it in Windows 7 command prompt via format x: /fs:fat /a:4096 and Windows 7 complained about the allocation size being too small for FAT16/12, so I fixed that to /fs:fat32 /a:4096 and it formatted, and still it did not work. (Using built-in SD slot on Dell Inspiron laptop)

By "it did not work" - the Wii says the card itself is not compatible to use when I go to the SD channel, so it will not read it at all.

I tried the card in 2 different Wii systems, both menu 4.2U (one of them is white, and already using a Sandisk Ultra II 2GB card and has HBC already installed - the one I want to use this on is a black 4.2U)

Any thoughts, or can this be added on the list online? I'm likely returning the card today and getting a Sandisk elsewhere for $13 instead. Ha ha.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2010 03:18PM by jesse.
Re: How to submit update to SD/SDHC Compatibility list?
November 03, 2010 03:28PM
It's a wiki, you can create an account, login and edit the page yourself. Quite easy.
November 03, 2010 03:35PM
Alright, I just didn't know if updates were meant to be monitored, as that means anyone can submit an update, right or wrong eh?
November 03, 2010 06:03PM
4096 is indeed a too small block size for a FAT16 filesystem.

Try formatting it to FAT16 with a blocksize of 32768 bytes. Let us know how it worked.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login