Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Support bushing and pytey

Posted by Arikado 
Support bushing and pytey
November 23, 2010 03:41AM
[www.kickstarter.com]

bushing and pytey are raising funds to kickstart a revolutionary new project: A completely open device which will allow hackers to reverse engineer USB devices. Existing devices which do this can cost more than $1,400!! and generally only run on Windows operating systems.

Please support them if you can!
Re: Support bushing and pytey
November 23, 2010 09:53PM
Any idea how much these things are likely to cost once finished? I notice that a $150 donation will get you one of the finished devices, but is that going to be the retail price of the finished product?
Re: Support bushing and pytey
November 24, 2010 01:05AM
There will probably be multiple pricing options. For example, you could buy the PCB for a relatively cheap amount (probably $5) and buy the components separately to be put together yourself or you could buy a constructed version for yourself. Every truly open piece of hardware I've ever seen does something like this. Fwiw though, I would assume the finished product all manufactured and whatnot wouldn't cost more than $200 at most (I wanna say $150 but a lot depends on what manufacturer they end up going with and other factors not yet decided).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login