Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Emulators

Posted by wilco2009 
Emulators
August 17, 2011 09:38AM
Yesterday I read a post asking for help about the configuration of an emulator to read the machine rom correctly.
Internal machine Roms are copyrighted but an emulator have not sense with their internal rom. Is not possible to work with an emulator without his internal ROM.
My question is, Are we breaking any rule if we help an user to configure the internal Rom?
If the answer is that we can not help them then I think to Include emulators in the wiki have not sense.
Re: Emulators
August 17, 2011 10:39PM
Estamos hablando de una BIOS? Algunos emuladores puede utilizar el BIOS, pero no es necesario. Sí, son ilegales para descargar, pero podría haber maneras de llegar dependiendo de la consola.
En resumen, usted no será romper las reglas si le dices a alguien dónde poner el BIOS para el emulador de leerlo (por ejemplo, pon el BIOS para WiiSX en SD:/wiisx/bios/SCPH1001.bin), sino que se le romper las reglas si se pide o proporciona enlaces para el archivo de la BIOS para cualquier consola.

You're talking about a BIOS? Some emulators can use the BIOS but it's not necessary. Yes, they are illegal to download but there could be ways to get them depending on the console.
In short, you won't be breaking rules if you tell someone where to put the BIOS for the emulator to read it (for example, for WiiSX put the BIOS in SD:/wiisx/bios/SCPH1001.bin) but you would be breaking the rules if you asked for or provided links for the BIOS file for any console.
August 18, 2011 12:29AM
Thank you for your answer and for your translation. ;)
August 18, 2011 01:57AM
No problem, it's helpful to know a bit of Spanish :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login