Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Naming my app

Posted by newlife 
Naming my app
August 09, 2010 11:53PM
hi, i have recently compleated a rather large PC based app and have NO idea what to call it. I was wondering if there are any guidlines for naming hompebrew apps (and if there arnt some sould be established). anyway more to the point, my app lists all homebrew avalible on wiibrew and gives descriptions, it allso allows the user to download said homebrew. ontop of that it allows icons and meta.xml files to be edited by the user with no fuss. Thusfar the names i have had put farward by friends are:
wiibrew Browser
wiibrew Browser Home
homebew app browser
Homebrew Browser PC

thanks for any ideas and help

new
Re: Naming my app
August 10, 2010 12:00AM
Hmm, Homebrew Browser PC sounds like a decent name, although I guess a few n00bs may confuse it with Homebrew Browser. Although having WiiBrew Browser and Homebrew Browser would also confuse n00bs :P

There are no set naming conventions (at least, none I've been made aware of :/), so its really up to you what you call it. Personally I like Homebrew Browser PC.
August 10, 2010 01:47AM
cool, ok, if theres no convention then i'll go with Homebrew Browser PC. That was my favorate. Thanks sifjar.
August 15, 2010 10:40PM
How about this name : Wiibrewser ? Wiibrew + browser

Homebrew Browser PC could mislead people with a non existing affiliation from the app Homebrew Browser.

And wouldn't it be better if it employed Homebrew Browser's repo? Sometimes apps in wiibrew are hosted on a different site but just getting linked from there...
May 23, 2011 08:09AM
Homebrew Browser PC
is good
May 25, 2011 06:46AM
Homebrew Browser PC is confusing and a little disrespectful to the Homebrew Browser.

If it allows displaying and editing homebrew components and apps etc... What about something like

WiiToolKit ... or as a PC App PiiToolKit (I like that one better)
August 30, 2011 07:22AM
Homebrew Browser PC I don't know much about this ... I would like to know more about this,.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login