Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Suggestion] wiispeak everywhere

Posted by jassim 
[Suggestion] wiispeak everywhere
April 06, 2009 07:38PM
what i was thinking of was some kind of application that enables wiispeak all the time (when the application is run of course) to let you talk to your friends while playing games. Useful for online games like call of duty and brawl. just an idea.

better explanation of the application:
an application which permanently connects you to your friends with wiispeak with a button activator to turn the application off. when you run the application you see whoevers on your friend roster from the wiispeak channel then you choose whoever your want to connect to then you an restart your wii and chat while doing other stuff on your wii (like palying a game or something)

this is just a suggestion and i am in no way demanding this application to be done
Re: [Suggestion] wiispeak everywhere
April 06, 2009 10:59PM
I was wanting this too the only problem is everyone wont have it, if we had it download to people, or if they could hear us (homebrew users) talk that would be better, but every this gen console has online chat, why not this one?
April 06, 2009 11:04PM
if nintendo made this for 4.1 then thered actually be a good reason to update

isnt it sad how all the homebrew developers have to make things like a dvd player for free and nintendo jsut cba. worst part is being a soar loser and them trying to kill dvdx in their updates.

what has dvdx got to with piracy might i ask?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2009 11:05PM by jassim.
April 06, 2009 11:10PM
I'd say it is somewhere between impossible (not enough resources) or to hard to pull off (as it would require a very good patching algorithm for each game, or a major IOS patch)
April 06, 2009 11:13PM
jassim
worst part is being a soar loser and them trying to kill dvdx in their updates.

Nintendo never tried to kill DVDX directly.
April 06, 2009 11:27PM
If someone were to make it possible to check your wii mail on the home menu, (during a game when the home button is pressed) that would be a miracle. im surprised they havent ever acknowledged my requests for all this time.
April 07, 2009 02:27AM
wiimail fails, takes 1 hr for the message to arrive, why cant nintendo make some kind of messenger? ffs thye never listen to anything their customers say

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2009 02:29AM by jassim.
April 07, 2009 04:20AM
jassim
wiimail fails, takes 1 hr for the message to arrive, why cant nintendo make some kind of messenger? ffs thye never listen to anything their customers say
The Wii in general fails, there is nothing good about it, except that you can hack it and make it good, the IR is kinda cool, but they make it a point in every game that you have to "shake the wiimote" or flick it and it gets old, for some games, yeah, its cool, but for metal slug, you don't need to shake the wiimote to throw a grenade, it took me forever to figure out how to do throw a grenade. Plus its still kinda glitchy. The games, well there exist about 3 and the best one is brawl, and the only way to make it good is with gecko. All it is, is a last gen console with more protection, it dosent have a much better processor or RAM, and it doesn't have hardly any "HDD" space. My computer cost less then the wii and it is 1 million times better, I have a 3.0 quadcore, with 4gigs of ram, and 512 bit 512MB g-card. Its not like they have to pay for their OS the created it, so what cost them so much that they need to sell them for so high? Is it the programming and development? What development, they basically modded the Game Cube. Game creation? For the 3 games they have? All the things that we the people not affiliated with the wii have far surpassed the development of Nintendo. The games it does have are for kids or the elderly, no hardcore gamers, have this system and use it for gaming, because it has no good games. No HD capability, no online chat. It does have support for extremely old games, but, they cost as much as if you just bought them and played them on your old system, can't you just put in the serial number or something, no they need more of your money to pay the programmers that don't do anything, they surly don't make games. No LAN capability, hope the NWC, doesn't go down. Does every this gen and last gen console (except game cube) have a DVD drive, yes!, do they play DVD movies?, yes except the Wii (and the game cube). The controllers are a joke and are expensive to say the least. The online multiplayer is trash as well. Also the system is dangerous: If some butterfingers forgot to use the wrist-strap in Wii bowling, say goodbye to your 52" plasma t.v. The Wii version of any game always gets the worst reviews, (probably from shaking the wiimote). Nintendo abandoned the name “Revolution” and instead chose “Wii”.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2009 04:22AM by ninjafish1990.
April 07, 2009 05:03AM
XFelixX
If someone were to make it possible to check your wii mail on the home menu, (during a game when the home button is pressed) that would be a miracle. im surprised they havent ever acknowledged my requests for all this time.

That could indeed work, but: The Home Menu is part of the game, not of the IOS. A game needs to be patched to do so.

And ninjafish1990, you are overexerting a lot - it's not even funny.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2009 05:04AM by daniel_c_w.
April 07, 2009 05:44AM
So we don't destroy this thread:
Explain your reasoning here please?
Wii Rant

EDIT: was grammatical

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2009 05:44AM by ninjafish1990.
April 07, 2009 01:06PM
if nintendo actually had some kind of customer feedback section or a poll in their site such as:

what would you like to see for the next update:
A) wiispeak messenger and text messenger to allow you to talk to your friends while playing a game
B) USB support
C) XXX channel (i dunno they can think of something)

then they might actually get less complaints.
April 07, 2009 04:02PM
If we worked with them and I'm sure some of us would send them some code, but they will never do that, even though it would benefit them, the corporate world just doesn't work that way, if its not in the books it can't be done.
April 07, 2009 05:54PM
thing is they're under the illusion that wiibrew supports piracy, like when bushing tried to contact them they ignored him thinking: PIRATE PIRATE! STAY AWAY FROM ME!!

and yes they did try killing dvdx, 3.4 killed dvdx and dvdx plays no part in piracy
April 07, 2009 09:18PM
jassim
and yes they did try killing dvdx, 3.4 killed dvdx and dvdx plays no part in piracy

No. DVDX works fine on 3.4 only the instller was blcoked, because Nintendo tried to fix a bug the old installer and used.
This did not neccessarely aim at DVDX. It was just collateral damage.
April 12, 2009 04:19AM
ninty thinks if they don't approve it, it shouldn't work with their stuff. That's how the play station happened, if anybody reads wikipedia's pages. I LOVE wikipedia. look up mr. smiley, and you'll see a little not from "supporting band CHEAP HELP" that's my brother's band. and they were probably thinking "SOMEONE WHO KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT OUR STUFF THAT ISN'T US! GET AWAY, AWAY! HE MIGHT MAKE US LOSE SALES!!! but then again, if they've been in business since 1886, if their video game business tanks, they can go back to making cards.
April 16, 2009 06:46AM
ninjafish1990
jassim
The Wii in general fails, there is nothing good about it, except that you can hack it and make it good, the IR is kinda cool, but they make it a point in every game that you have to "shake the wiimote" or flick it and it gets old, for some games, yeah, its cool, but for metal slug, you don't need to shake the wiimote to throw a grenade, it took me forever to figure out how to do throw a grenade. Plus its still kinda glitchy. The games, well there exist about 3 and the best one is brawl, and the only way to make it good is with gecko. All it is, is a last gen console with more protection, it dosent have a much better processor or RAM, and it doesn't have hardly any "HDD" space. My computer cost less then the wii and it is 1 million times better, I have a 3.0 quadcore, with 4gigs of ram, and 512 bit 512MB g-card. Its not like they have to pay for their OS the created it, so what cost them so much that they need to sell them for so high? Is it the programming and development? What development, they basically modded the Game Cube. Game creation? For the 3 games they have? All the things that we the people not affiliated with the wii have far surpassed the development of Nintendo. The games it does have are for kids or the elderly, no hardcore gamers, have this system and use it for gaming, because it has no good games. No HD capability, no online chat. It does have support for extremely old games, but, they cost as much as if you just bought them and played them on your old system, can't you just put in the serial number or something, no they need more of your money to pay the programmers that don't do anything, they surly don't make games. No LAN capability, hope the NWC, doesn't go down. Does every this gen and last gen console (except game cube) have a DVD drive, yes!, do they play DVD movies?, yes except the Wii (and the game cube). The controllers are a joke and are expensive to say the least. The online multiplayer is trash as well. Also the system is dangerous: If some butterfingers forgot to use the wrist-strap in Wii bowling, say goodbye to your 52" plasma t.v. The Wii version of any game always gets the worst reviews, (probably from shaking the wiimote). Nintendo abandoned the name “Revolution” and instead chose “Wii”.
-No hardcore players on Wii I completely disagree with that.
-No Hardcore games on Wii? Wrong:Lets see the upcoming ones this year
-The Conduit
-Redsteel 2
-Dead Space Extraction
-Silent Hill
-Cod:MW2
and more...

And actually ones alot.
April 16, 2009 03:58PM
NL_Link
ninjafish1990
jassim
-No hardcore players on Wii I completely disagree with that.
-No Hardcore games on Wii? Wrong:Lets see the upcoming ones this year
-The Conduit
-Redsteel 2
-Dead Space Extraction
-Silent Hill
-Cod:MW2
and more...

And actually ones alot.
You are in the wrong thread.
Where you should be posting that (after you read the other posts).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login