Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Rant

Posted by ninjafish1990 
Wii Rant
April 07, 2009 04:21AM
jassim
wiimail fails, takes 1 hr for the message to arrive, why cant nintendo make some kind of messenger? ffs thye never listen to anything their customers say
The Wii in general fails, there is nothing good about it, except that you can hack it and make it good, the IR is kinda cool, but they make it a point in every game that you have to "shake the wiimote" or flick it and it gets old, for some games, yeah, its cool, but for metal slug, you don't need to shake the wiimote to throw a grenade, it took me forever to figure out how to do throw a grenade. Plus its still kinda glitchy. The games, well there exist about 3 and the best one is brawl, and the only way to make it good is with gecko. All it is, is a last gen console with more protection, it dosent have a much better processor or RAM, and it doesn't have hardly any "HDD" space. My computer cost less then the wii and it is 1 million times better, I have a 3.0 quadcore, with 4gigs of ram, and 512 bit 512MB g-card. Its not like they have to pay for their OS the created it, so what cost them so much that they need to sell them for so high? Is it the programming and development? What development, they basically modded the Game Cube. Game creation? For the 3 games they have? All the things that we the people not affiliated with the wii have far surpassed the development of Nintendo. The games it does have are for kids or the elderly, no hardcore gamers, have this system and use it for gaming, because it has no good games. No HD capability, no online chat. It does have support for extremely old games, but, they cost as much as if you just bought them and played them on your old system, can't you just put in the serial number or something, no they need more of your money to pay the programmers that don't do anything, they surly don't make games. No LAN capability, hope the NWC, doesn't go down. Does every this gen and last gen console (except game cube) have a DVD drive, yes!, do they play DVD movies?, yes except the Wii (and the game cube). The controllers are a joke and are expensive to say the least. The online multiplayer is trash as well. Also the system is dangerous: If some butterfingers forgot to use the wrist-strap in Wii bowling, say goodbye to your 52" plasma t.v. The Wii version of any game always gets the worst reviews, (probably from shaking the wiimote). Nintendo abandoned the name “Revolution” and instead chose “Wii”.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2009 04:21AM by ninjafish1990.
Re: Wii Rant
April 07, 2009 06:41AM
I agree with everything you said. I've griped along these lines in other posts.

At the same time would like to thank all the people here at WiiBrew for bringing something useful from what is a BRICK (for me) without homebrew.
April 07, 2009 04:06PM
I disagree a lot.

Most of the points you mention are not the Wiis fault.

in every game that you have to "shake the wiimote" or flick it
That's not in every game (see Brawl). Only the bad developers choose that way.

The games, well there exist about 3 and the best one is brawl, and the only way to make it good is with gecko.
You realy think, that there are only 3 good games on the Wii.
I have about 7 games (not counting VC and WiiWare) and even if the Wii weer my only console, I would not have run out of games I want to play.

And Brawl is good. (It's unfortunately not that tournament friendly - I guess that is what you were referring to)

it dosent have a much better processor or RAM
(in comparison to the gamecube) It is both twice as good. I see no way you can call that not "much better"

Yes you're right. There isn't much "HDD" space, though I think, you can argue if it is realy needed.

My computer cost less then the wii and it is 1 million times better, I have a 3.0 quadcore, with 4gigs of ram, and 512 bit 512MB g-card.
You can do that for less than 250 bucks?
Can you please give me a detailed list.
I actually want to buy a new PC soon (for Starcraft 2)

All the things that we the people not affiliated with the wii have far surpassed the development of Nintendo.
Surely you can't be serious. Where is the homebrewer's Super Mario Galaxy. Where is our WiiSpeak channel? (I wopn't be surprised, if somebody gives me a link :D)
Most of the things the homebrew community has done, are hacks. Yes they are a great piece of work, and the people involved show a great understanding (that by far surpasses mine) of the inner workings of software and hardware.

But if Nintendo choose to do some things the same way we do, I think they should be ashamed of themselves.

It is fine for hackers to exploit an interface to get SDHC support or to place some code in a more or less save memory area to be called by (hacked) hooks, but if you are the company on top of this things you should not do it that way.#
That would be a software WTF (like the signature bug)

The games it does have are for kids or the elderly,
You sound like that is a bad thing.

no hardcore gamers, have this system and use it for gaming, because it has no good games.
I hate the word hardcore gamer, but I would consider myself one. And I play the Wii, on my own and with my friends.
(and my 360 and my PC)

It does have support for extremely old games, but, they cost as much as if you just bought them and played them on your old system
If you still own the game, why would you buy it again?
If not, the VC is a reasonable choice.
It gave me the chance to experience some games I never owned and give some others a new chance.
(I for example bought Landstalker and Zelda:aLttP again, because I never played them in English)

no they need more of your money to pay the programmers that don't do anything, they surly don't make games
The money goes to the companies. And they will of course invest it in new games.

No HD capability, no online chat
No HD was good choice from Nintendo's PoV. And resolution is not everything. It is probably the least important reason for picture quality. The reason the average Wii game looks worse than the average 360 game (or even Xbox game) is not the resolution. It's its polygon performance, and its lack of shaders.
(of course there are some beautiful games (Brawl and Galaxy for example), but also some downright ugly ones)

That Nintendo did not prepare the architecture for online chat and something like that, is an oversight. But it is never to late. They could still strike back, though I doubt they will. Anyway, that won't help the old games.

The online multiplayer is trash as well
Yes and no. No (voice)chat is a (major) letdown and the friendcodes are a chore, but after that, it depends on the developers. Mariokart is a lot of fun (2-players per console online) & and only the Project Gotham Racing series beats its Mario Kart channel.

No LAN capability
Talk to the developers. (and only a minority of the 360 games offer LAN play. But that is no excuse, It just shows, that it is not important)

Does every this gen and last gen console (except game cube) have a DVD drive, yes!, do they play DVD movies?, yes except the Wii (and the game cube)
The Gamecube has a DVD-drive. Last gen only the PS2 played DVDs out of the Box (though it does it very well)

This generation it is not important to have a DVD-player. (the 360 and PS3 waste to much energy, and the Wii, while not a power waster, can't deliver everything a DVD has to offer)

The controllers are a joke and are expensive to say the least
Expensive: yes!
A joke: why? Because most developers can't use it well. (actually that might be a reason)

If some butterfingers forgot to use the wrist-strap in Wii bowling, say goodbye to your 52" plasma t.v.
And that is the Wii's fault? How?

The Wii version of any game always gets the worst reviews
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was definitely best on the Wii (but that doesn't make it good)

Anyway: I guess we can agree, that it doesn't matter, if the Wii-version gets the best reviews. It only matters, if the Wii version is good (and gets good reviews).

Nintendo abandoned the name “Revolution” and instead chose “Wii”
Both names fit.
April 07, 2009 05:46PM
I disagree a lot.

Most of the points you mention are not the Wiis fault.

If you use the wii remote you do, only if you use the gamecube controller it makes it decent to play

The games, well there exist about 3 and the best one is brawl, and the only way to make it good is with gecko.

You realy think, that there are only 3 good games on the Wii.
I have about 7 games (not counting VC and WiiWare) and even if the Wii weer my only console, I would not have run out of games I want to play.

VC games aren't for wii they are for other systems so you cant count those. Wiiware, really which wiiware games are good??

And Brawl is good. (It's unfortunately not that tournament friendly - I guess that is what you were referring to)

The gravity is off, the smash ball (enough said with that), there is 1 tournament legal stage, TRIPPING! Melee was better and still is.

it dosent have a much better processor or RAM

(in comparison to the gamecube) It is both twice as good. I see no way you can call that not "much better"

In comparison to my old Xbox it is crap.

Yes you're right. There isn't much "HDD" space, though I think, you can argue if it is realy needed.

I filled mine up, and more stuff is still coming out. if they cant give you enough room to buy all their stuff, something is wrong.

My computer cost less then the wii and it is 1 million times better, I have a 3.0 quadcore, with 4gigs of ram, and 512 bit 512MB g-card.

(You can do that for less than 250 bucks?
Can you please give me a detailed list.
I actually want to buy a new PC soon (for Starcraft 2)

Newegg Christmas Special, 3.0 Quadcore and 4 gigs of ram was $100 Graphics was 50 and Raidmax Smilodon case with 800Watt Power supply was 100.

All the things that we the people not affiliated with the wii have far surpassed the development of Nintendo.
Surely you can't be serious. Where is the homebrewer's Super Mario Galaxy. Where is our WiiSpeak channel? (I wopn't be surprised, if somebody gives me a link :D)

Whats so good about Galaxy it is compariable to sunshine, that was a great game too right?
the wii speak is a joke you have no head set you cant use it with more than one person its more like a conference call. You have no privacy and its hooked to your TV speakers. Plus thats nintendos job to make that not ours, Microsoft and Sony did it!

Most of the things the homebrew community has done, are hacks. Yes they are a great piece of work, and the people involved show a great understanding (that by far surpasses mine) of the inner workings of software and hardware.

If you can do better with hacks to a system then actually writing the system with the code right infront of you, then that is clearly superiour.

But if Nintendo choose to do some things the same way we do, I think they should be ashamed of themselves.

I think they should be ashamed of themselves regardless..

It is fine for hackers to exploit an interface to get SDHC support or to place some code in a more or less save memory area to be called by (hacked) hooks, but if you are the company on top of this things you should not do it that way.#
That would be a software WTF (like the signature bug)

I'm not saying they need to exploit, they built it they could have done it right the first time...

The games it does have are for kids or the elderly,

You sound like that is a bad thing.

ITS A GAME SYSTEM (or its supposed to be), gamers play on a game system, I understand for the marketnig it was good, but why not release a game system, and a toy, why make them the same peice of trash?

no hardcore gamers, have this system and use it for gaming, because it has no good games.

I hate the word hardcore gamer, but I would consider myself one. And I play the Wii, on my own and with my friends.
(and my 360 and my PC)

Why would you play the wii when the same games exist on other consoles and are far better on the other systems?

It does have support for extremely old games, but, they cost as much as if you just bought them and played them on your old system

If you still own the game, why would you buy it again?
so you dont have to have 30 systems plugged into your tv at the same time

If not, the VC is a reasonable choice.

to buy something you already own. At a price thats is ridiculous, you dont even get to see it or touch it or anything. and if you wii gets formatted, you get to buy them again!

It gave me the chance to experience some games I never owned and give some others a new chance.
(I for example bought Landstalker and Zelda:aLttP again, because I never played them in English)

That I can understand, but im more talking about the point of rebuying games.

no they need more of your money to pay the programmers that don't do anything, they surly don't make games

The money goes to the companies. And they will of course invest it in new games.

You dont think they have enough money?

No HD capability, no online chat

No HD was good choice from Nintendo's PoV. And resolution is not everything. It is probably the least important reason for picture quality. The reason the average Wii game looks worse than the average 360 game (or even Xbox game) is not the resolution. It's its polygon performance, and its lack of shaders.
(of course there are some beautiful games (Brawl and Galaxy for example), but also some downright ugly ones)

I agree graphics arent everything, you can have a good game with out good graphics, but if you arent going to have any good games, you should at least have decent graphics. Even the origional X-box had pixel shaders....

That Nintendo did not prepare the architecture for online chat and something like that, is an oversight. But it is never to late. They could still strike back, though I doubt they will. Anyway, that won't help the old games.

I would play online games more if I could chat to people.

The online multiplayer is trash as well

Yes and no. No (voice)chat is a (major) letdown and the friendcodes are a chore, but after that, it depends on the developers. Mariokart is a lot of fun (2-players per console online) & and only the Project Gotham Racing series beats its Mario Kart channel.

Mario Kart and brawl, both lag online.

No LAN capability

Talk to the developers. (and only a minority of the 360 games offer LAN play. But that is no excuse, It just shows, that it is not important)

When the new system comes out it will, I used to play the Xbox at peoples house, via LAN, not with the wii, i have even played 360 via LAN, as a matter of fact I can still play my X-box via lan, even though the servers are offline.

Does every this gen and last gen console (except game cube) have a DVD drive, yes!, do they play DVD movies?, yes except the Wii (and the game cube)

The Gamecube has a DVD-drive. Last gen only the PS2 played DVDs out of the Box (though it does it very well)

The gamecube has a DVD-drive that dosent play movies. Xbox played DVDs out of the box.

This generation it is not important to have a DVD-player. (the 360 and PS3 waste to much energy, and the Wii, while not a power waster, can't deliver everything a DVD has to offer)

The games dont even use of the entire DVD, most of the space is wasted with copyright protection.

The controllers are a joke and are expensive to say the least

Expensive: yes!
A joke: why? Because most developers can't use it well. (actually that might be a reason)

A joke because I hate attaching the Nunchuck, I hate slapping a game in and getting punched in the face with "attach a nunchuck!", I hate shaking the wiimote for pointless funchtions, I hate paying 60+ dollars for them, and having 2 controllers, really? The last system i had that had 2 controllers that did different functions for 1 player is my Atari 2600.

If some butterfingers forgot to use the wrist-strap in Wii bowling, say goodbye to your 52" plasma t.v.

And that is the Wii's fault? How?

A lot of people complatined so I thought id bring it up, also Wiimote jacket?? They dont even show it in the commercials for the wii, its not on the new boxes, i ordered mine because they were free (I got a release wii from my friend for $90) I used them for about a day, you cant change the batteries easily with it on and plugging in a nunchuck is hard as well.

The Wii version of any game always gets the worst reviews

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was definitely best on the Wii (but that doesn't make it good)

Does anyone else play this game??? If it got bad reviews I can see it getting better reviews on the wii.

Anyway: I guess we can agree, that it doesn't matter, if the Wii-version gets the best reviews. It only matters, if the Wii version is good (and gets good reviews).

Both names fit.

Wii, what does that even mean?
the Xbox "360" made a 360 turn and made the system better, the revolution would revolutionize gameing with IR, the wii, will take a wii on your floor and make you wish you got something else. (or the homebrew channel)
April 07, 2009 06:50PM
daniel_c_w,

I know we've had these discussions on other posts. But Nintendo are to blame for the horrid content on the Wii. They are very happy to take the licensing fees from companies that put out that crap and do nothing to stop it.

The bottom line is I'm a gamer and spend at least $200 a month on games. I only purchase a Wii game if I'm forced too because my daughter is badgering me in Gamestop (She'll play the game for an hour then be board). Otherwise I'll spend that money on a PC or Xbox game. I also know many people who have brought Wii's, when I ask what game they have it's ... "eeerr... Well Wii Sports". So nobody seems to be purchasing Wii games, which is a huge problem for Nintendo once the novelty of it all has worn off.

People want to do more than play games on there consoles. Like watch DVD's or play music. Without homebrew you can't do this on a Wii (how stupid of Nintendo). On that point Nintendo should be paying this community for digging them out of the ditch.

I'm sure we need to disagree as we seem to be on both sides of the fence
April 07, 2009 08:47PM
ninjafish1990

If you use the wii remote you do, only if you use the gamecube controller it makes it decent to play

To me the Gamecube Controller is only the second best option for Brawl. I prefer Wiimote only, because the D-Pad control is tighter than the GC's analog stick. I wish Nintendo would have included the option to use the Classic Controllers D-Pad.

Your argument was "shake the wiimote - or flick it". That is not the case in Brawl. (though there is an option for it)

ninjafish1990
VC games aren't for wii they are for other systems so you cant count those. Wiiware, really which wiiware games are good??
As you remember, I did not count VC games. (though I would count releases like Sin & Punishment, games that are either hard to get or very rare and expensive)

WiiWare: I own Dr. Mario (unfortunately no 4 Player mode like on the N64, but a great online mode. When a friend of mine comes over, we play it for hours. Online is fine too),
World Of Goo (whcih gets a lot prizes and great reviews. Though, the PC version is a major extrafeature, 90% of the sales are on the WiiWare version though)
and Mega Man 9 (I actually own the 360 version, because I like the achievemnets. The 360-version controls worse than the Wii version, because the Wii has a better D-Pad)

I hear great things about Tetris Party and Lost Winds, and alot of people seam to like My Life As King. I do not know any other recent WiiWare releases.

ninjafish1990

The gravity is off, the smash ball (enough said with that), there is 1 tournament legal stage, TRIPPING! Melee was better and still is.
Tripping is the only major gripe.
And I am sure you are as aware as I, that there is some debate about all other aspects of Brawl.
And Tournament Play is a small part of Brawl.
If you like Melee more, than continue to play it. Brawl is not Melee 2.0, it is Brawl.

ninjafish1990
I filled mine up, and more stuff is still coming out. if they cant give you enough room to buy all their stuff, something is wrong.
The option to use SD-Cards is almost always there.
(And if you buy and download a lot, you can fill up any 360 or PS3 with ease)

Newegg Christmas Special, 3.0 Quadcore and 4 gigs of ram was $100 Graphics was 50 and Raidmax Smilodon case with 800Watt Power supply was 100.
Thanks, but what or where is Newegg?
(and we are at (800 Watts? What?!))

Whats so good about Galaxy it is compariable to sunshine, that was a great game too right?
the wii speak is a joke you have no head set you cant use it with more than one person its more like a conference call. You have no privacy and its hooked to your TV speakers. Plus thats nintendos job to make that not ours, Microsoft and Sony did it!
Sunshine is good, Galaxy is great.
Sony did not do voice chat, right. It is the developers job to implemnt it and there is no cross-game-voice chat.
[www.penny-arcade.com]

Only Microsoft did it right.

And nothign stopped any developer from integrating voice chat into their games on the Wii.

Unforunately you do not like the concept of WiiSpeak - heck, I do not like it either.

Anyway, you missed my point:
You said: homebrew has by far surpassed Nintendo's offerings.
I disagree, because to achieve that goal, we still have to deliver a lot, like a great game or a Wiispeak alternative (which actually shouldn't be too hard)

What about an instant messanger core, that is small and perfomrant enought to run as an Ocarina hook.

If you can do better with hacks to a system then actually writing the system with the code right infront of you, then that is clearly superiour.
It's a hack nontheless.

I think they should be ashamed of themselves regardless..
I agree.

I'm not saying they need to exploit, they built it they could have done it right the first time...
And I agree again. Last gen, Xbox Live showed the way, and except Microsoft nobody followed.

ITS A GAME SYSTEM (or its supposed to be), gamers play on a game system,
So those other people ar no gamers. I think that is elitist.

Why would you play the wii when the same games exist on other consoles and are far better on the other systems?
IF (!) I only own the Wii, I wouldn't care if the other versions are better. I would only care about the Wii version and see whether it is good or not.

(The same argument could be made for any other System)

so you dont have to have 30 systems plugged into your tv at the same time
[...]
That I can understand, but im more talking about the point of rebuying games.

Than you have to balance it. Is it worth to pay 5 bucks instead of 3 (or even 0) on ebay, to save the hassle off pluging in an old system?
(personal note: I bought Ocarina of Time on the VC, because I did not have my Gamecube disc in reach - that was waste)

I agree graphics arent everything, you can have a good game with out good graphics, but if you arent going to have any good games, you should at least have decent graphics. Even the origional X-box had pixel shaders....
You would buy a bad game, if it had decent graphics?

I would play online games more if I could chat to people.
Me too, but I fail to see, how that relates to what I said.

Mario Kart and brawl, both lag online.
Sorry, but Mario Kart runs fine (on my old 80ms ping connection it did)

I guess we can both agree, that Brawl's netcode is rather bad. But it works fine on very good connections (I still have to test it on my new 30ms ping connection)
That's also th reason, why the reviewers did not notice Brawl's lag, because the are usually well connected.
Yes, Nintendo still has to learn, how to write a very good netcode. (and that is not an easy task on a beat em up)

But this is also not the Wiis fault.

No LAN capability

When the new system comes out it will
What will what?
I do not understand what are you trying to say.

Xbox played DVDs out of the box.
No it did not. It required a hardware dongle (that covered the licence fees)
(and the xbox was bad DVD-player)

The games dont even use of the entire DVD, most of the space is wasted with copyright protection.
how many space is wasted by the copyright protecton?

A joke because I hate attaching the Nunchuck, I hate slapping a game in and getting punched in the face with "attach a nunchuck!",
LOL, you are quite the hater. How could someone hate that.

I hate shaking the wiimote for pointless funchtions
That's not the Wii's fault, it is the games fault.

They dont even show it in the commercials for the wii, its not on the new boxes, i ordered mine because they were free (I got a release wii from my friend for $90) I used them for about a day, you cant change the batteries easily with it on and plugging in a nunchuck is hard as well.

Where do you live? All commercials I see use the condoms. And all new wiimotes and wiis come with them.

I do not like them either. But I also do let my Wiimote slip :D

Does anyone else play this game??? If it got bad reviews I can see it getting better reviews on the wii.
Nobody should play it. It is not good. (But the Wii version is the best)

Both names fit.

Wii, what does that even mean?

That both names fit the Wii.

Wii, as in: We play togehter.

That was a long post :D
April 07, 2009 09:10PM
Yeah, a rather short post :D

scanff
daniel_c_w,
Call me daniel :D

scanff
I'm sure we need to disagree as we seem to be on both sides of the fence
Do we?
My major problem is that Ninja and you blame Nintendo for the bad and crappy games, and blame it on the Wii itself.
All platforms have disadvanteges and bad games.

And yes, the primary (!!!) reason to buy any platform are it's games.
(you do not buy them, because, you want to listen to music or watch a dvd (yes I know that it was a major selling point on the PS2 and PS3 (BluRay))
I hope we all can agree here.

scanff
But Nintendo are to blame for the horrid content on the Wii. They are very happy to take the licensing fees from companies that put out that crap and do nothing to stop it.
Do you want Nintendo to play "Quality Control"?

Why do you only see the crap, and not the good games?

And it is quite simple to ignore the crappy games.

Nintendo already deliverd a lot of it's first and second party magic this gen, and the others are getting used to the system.
(it took the DS that long as well)

scanff
The bottom line is I'm a gamer and spend at least $200 a month on games.
So you have a job (and a daughter)? How do you still find time for those games? Or do you barely touch them?
Is there not at laest one Wii game every other month, that you would like to buy?

As I said before, I consider nmyself to be a gamer as well, and I have a lot of free time right now. I only bought 2 fullprice and 2 XBLA games this year, and I am still not fiished with those.

And a lot of the older games are waiting for completetion (practise more in Brawl, seoncd run thorugh Zelda on Gamecube, a lot of VC games)

And there are still some Wii and Multiplatform games, I still have to play (never touched Call Of Duty or Mass Effect)

scanff
People want to do more than play games on there consoles. Like watch DVD's or play music. Without
homebrew you can't do this on a Wii (how stupid of Nintendo).

Why would anybody want to use a suboptimal DVD-Player like the Wii, PS3 and 360 ?
(esspecially, when you can find goo
(You can play music on the Wii out of the box.)

The only "more"-aspect I find to be missing on the Wii, is the community aspect.
Nintendo prefers local multiplayer, to online.

scanff
On that point Nintendo should be paying this community for digging them out of the ditch.
Nintendo is not in any ditch, and contrary to popular believe they never were. Unlike Microsoft and sony they even made profit in the Gamecube days.
And I think, Quality wise, Nintendo always did fine.

Do you play online on Xbox Live? What's your GT?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2009 09:11PM by daniel_c_w.
April 07, 2009 11:52PM
No sorry I don't play Xbox online. I have a whole bunch of other grumbles with that :P I only play PC games online.

And Just to annoy you some more ninjafish did you read this ? [www.techradar.com]
April 08, 2009 12:58AM
@scanff: can you reply to the other parts of my post?
April 08, 2009 02:29AM
Okay...

daniel_c_w
My major problem is that Ninja and you blame Nintendo for the bad and crappy games, and blame it on the Wii itself.
All platforms have disadvanteges and bad games.

Yes there are crappy games for all other platforms but an excessive amount for Wii. It seems like Nintendo does not care what's published as long as they get their fees......They can refuse it if it does not meet their standard!

daniel_c_w
And yes, the primary (!!!) reason to buy any platform are it's games.
(you do not buy them, because, you want to listen to music or watch a dvd (yes I know that it was a major selling point on the PS2 and PS3 (BluRay))

I kind of agree but it's a bonus! After the PS2 did it I would think it's a given that newer consoles would play DVD's. In fact we know it can so that really pisses me off that Nintendo are too lazy or too cheap to enable playback of DVD's or Audio files. Yes I know there are licensing fees for the codecs but spread across the amount of Wii's they've sold it's pennies.

daniel_c_w
Do you want Nintendo to play "Quality Control"?
They already do for some companies. If they don't like the game they don't allow them to publish on the Wii.

daniel_c_w
Why do you only see the crap, and not the good games?
Because there's so much crap

daniel_c_w
Why would anybody want to use a suboptimal DVD-Player like the Wii, PS3 and 360 ?
(esspecially, when you can find goo
(You can play music on the Wii out of the box.)
I've never thought the PS2's DVD player was suboptimal. I've used it for years in my bedroom and it's worked fine and saved me having to buy another DVD player.

How do you play music on the Wii without homebrew? CD's?

daniel_c_w
So you have a job (and a daughter)? How do you still find time for those games? Or do you barely touch them?
Is there not at laest one Wii game every other month, that you would like to buy?
Yes I have a job and a daughter. The truth is I don't sleep much. I would not say I play games all the time, maybe a few hours a day. I'll list the last 5 games I brought.

FEAR 2 (PC)
Call Of Duty - WaW (PC)
Soul Calibur IV(XBox)
Lego Starwars(XBox)
My Sims Kingdom (Wii) - for the kid

Another problem I have is I like FPS games. After playing a FPS on PC playing on a Wii is a joke, it's pretty bad playing these style games on the Xbox too. I'm not saying all Wii games are crap. I like Brawl a lot but my problem is all the other crap like ... .Bratz Kidz ... backyard games ... tony tiger game ... now I'm just making 'em up.
April 08, 2009 04:31AM
daniel_c_w
To me the Gamecube Controller is only the second best option for Brawl. I prefer Wiimote only, because the D-Pad control is tighter than the GC's analog stick. I wish Nintendo would have included the option to use the Classic Controllers D-Pad.

Your argument was "shake the wiimote - or flick it". That is not the case in Brawl. (though there is an option for it)
With Brawl+ which includes wave dashing it is nearly impossible to wave dash, but with GC you can.
World of goo is superior on PC.

I own Dr. Mario (unfortunately no 4 Player mode like on the N64, but a great online mode.
Apparently they didnt even bother to port all of the VC games completely!

Tripping is the only major gripe.
And I am sure you are as aware as I, that there is some debate about all other aspects of Brawl.
And Tournament Play is a small part of Brawl.
If you like Melee more, than continue to play it. Brawl is not Melee 2.0, it is Brawl.
Why isn't Brawl Melee 2.0? It is the next in the series isnt it? it is more luck then skill now, same with Mario Kart, stay in last place and get Bullet Bill and win.

The option to use SD-Cards is almost always there.
(And if you buy and download a lot, you can fill up any 360 or PS3 with ease)
It was only 2 possible Gigs for a long time.(Sd card)

Thanks, but what or where is Newegg?
(and we are at (800 Watts? What?!))
www.newegg.com
800watt power supply, for a PC, the thing in the back that the black cable plugs into.

Sony did not do voice chat, right. It is the developers job to implemnt it and there is no cross-game-voice chat.
[www.penny-arcade.com]

Only Microsoft did it right.
At least Sony tried, and did a better job then Nintendo

Anyway, you missed my point:
You said: homebrew has by far surpassed Nintendo's offerings.
I disagree, because to achieve that goal, we still have to deliver a lot, like a great game or a Wiispeak alternative (which actually shouldn't be too hard)
SO HAS NINTENDO!!

It's a hack nontheless.

And still superior and houses far more capabilities to a stock wii.

So those other people ar no gamers. I think that is elitist.
They are not "gamers" playing a video game dose not make you a gamer, just as me going out side and playing basketball doesn't make me a basketball player.

IF (!) I only own the Wii, I wouldn't care if the other versions are better. I would only care about the Wii version and see whether it is good or not.

(The same argument could be made for any other System)
This may be true, but nonetheless the Wii versions are always the worst.

You would buy a bad game, if it had decent graphics?
Did anyone else think i said that?
cause to me is sounded like "you can have a good game with out good graphics. BUT if you aren't going to have a good game you should at least have good graphics, look at crysis thats the only reason it sold, the graphics, other games have crap for graphics but they are good games, the wii happens to have 0 on both sides at this point.

(on my old 80ms ping connection it did)
This is just a false statement, you can have an "X"ping connection, ping isnt a connection rate, it is a current packet interface, which fluctuates at all times.

This is what my quote says its still there unedited, you quoted it wrong

When the new system comes out it will, I used to play the Xbox at peoples house, via LAN, not with the wii, i have even played 360 via LAN, as a matter of fact I can still play my X-box via lan, even though the servers are offline.

No it did not. It required a hardware dongle (that covered the licence fees)
(and the xbox was bad DVD-player)
Mine does, without the remote...that was just an addon..

how many space is wasted by the copyright protecton?
a better question how much time is wasted on copy protection.

LOL, you are quite the hater. How could someone hate that.
who doesn't hate that?

That's not the Wii's fault, it is the games fault.
But its in EVERY game.

Where do you live? All commercials I see use the condoms. And all new wiimotes and wiis come with them.
Ohio, the wiis come with them but the picture on the box shows it jacketless.

Nobody should play it. It is not good. (But the Wii version is the best)
So that makes you argument faulty, because the game is trash.

Wii, as in: We play togehter.

FIXED:Wii, as in: We play with each other.

EDIT: quotes aren't working...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2009 04:33AM by ninjafish1990.
April 08, 2009 08:21AM
Doesn't World of Goo on Wii have extra levels?
April 08, 2009 02:37PM
scanff
They can refuse it if it does not meet their standard!

[...]

They already do for some companies. If they don't like the game they don't allow them to publish on the Wii.

I do not realy like the idea of Nintendo playing "Quality Police". That could end up in starnge and arbitrary rules.
(see the NES and SNES days)

They still do that? On, which games?

In fact we know it can so that really pisses me off that Nintendo are too lazy or too cheap to enable playback of DVD's or Audio files. Yes I know there are licensing fees for the codecs but spread across the amount of Wii's they've sold it's pennies.

I can understand that and agree with it.

I've never thought the PS2's DVD player was suboptimal. I've used it for years in my bedroom and it's worked fine and saved me having to buy another DVD player.

Not the PS2, the PS3. The PS2 was and is a fine DVD-Player. At its time, it was one of the best (better picture quality than any other Sony DVD player - Great RAMDAC). The only minor gripe is the missing dispaly.

Photo Channel :D

Another problem I have is I like FPS games. After playing a FPS on PC playing on a Wii is a joke, it's pretty bad playing these style games on the Xbox too.
That discussion will propably never end. Some people prefer Mouse/Keyboard, some prefer Dual Analog, and some prefer the Wii's controls.

@ninja: I will answer to your message tonight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2009 02:37PM by daniel_c_w.
April 08, 2009 03:06PM
daniel_c_w

Photo Channel :D
Clearly we all want to enter photo channel to hear music, which must be on an sd, might as well get homebrew, speaking of which I'd like homebrew channel to be music customizable..(as if anyone will read this little text in all this mess.)

Another problem I have is I like FPS games. After playing a FPS on PC playing on a Wii is a joke, it's pretty bad playing these style games on the Xbox too.
daniel_c_w
That discussion will propably never end. Some people prefer Mouse/Keyboard, some prefer Dual Analog, and some prefer the Wii's controls.
mouse and keyboard is superior, next is a controller, Call of Duty is a joke on the wii and I'm sure other FPS's are as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2009 03:07PM by ninjafish1990.
April 08, 2009 03:39PM
I am now convinced that, whether this was originally Nintendo's strategy or not, the Wii is not built to be one's 'primary' gaming console. It is more or less an entertaining supplement to the real gaming consoles. My observation is that Nintendo has exited the mainstream console tripartite and is now in the toy market. Now, I don't necessarily attribute this shift all to N as much as I do the mob of lazy developers half-assing their production on the assumption that if they can make 'Fun for the Whole Family!' using 'Exciting Motion Controls!' and making commercials that remind me of their new-found rivals' Mattel and their adolescent-oriented Batman action figure ads depicting kids having the time of their lives to the background of bitching guitar riffs, when you KNOW in real life it's not NEARLY that cool.
Anyway, I'm saying the third-party developers seem to be dominating the business decisions of Nintendo as their cheap, crude, and borderline worthless titles (any game based on a kid's movie kthx) are selling like beer at Wrigley Field. So other developers see this and think, 'hey, why do I need to waste valuable capital making a high-value game when I can sell this powerpoint slideshow I made last night to someone's mom or grandpa who couldn't tell the difference between it and CoD4 and yet who would pay the same price for either? If I'm going to make a serious title, then I should be making it for a console who's users would appreciate (buy) it.' And they would be smart to do just that because video games are a business, and if you bought the game nobody gives a further damn if you enjoyed it or not, your money is theirs and that's what matters.

And therefore the Wii is, from a business standpoint, a supplement to the orthodox consoles and will remain so for as long as the developers treat it as such. It is the platform developers know they can turn to when they want to generate some revenue for a serious project on another console.
Bottom line: homebrew is the only thing that can save the wii, and is the best thing that ever happened to it.
April 08, 2009 04:32PM
To me the wii is a great system. Even though it attempts to be innovative in its control it reminds me more of the old retro systems then it does the next generation systems. Which for me is a good thing because I am getting old. There was a comment earlier about there being only three good games. I would agree for the most part ( super paper mario, and mario galaxy are awesome) but what system has a great library of games. Most games are garbage. There is little to no quality control in this industry. Many games for the wii only require the use of the wiimote which has fewer buttons on it then any other current system. It seems like every generation more buttons are added to the controllers. Which personally I find more annoying than useful.
April 09, 2009 08:44PM
Damn, this topic is just too long =P
April 10, 2009 06:37AM
yeah, I don't even bother reading it...
April 10, 2009 08:33AM
Waste of my time writing all that stuff then :(
April 10, 2009 08:45AM
I'll sum it up, The wii is garbage, the end
Proof starts 378 paragraphs up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login