Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marcan's done?

Posted by bg4545 
Marcan's done?
April 15, 2009 03:29AM
I have yet to see any actual proof that he's left the scene, but is it true?
Re: Marcan's done?
April 15, 2009 04:30AM
Yeah I noticed the news item, which has since been edited out, on WiiBrew's wiki. (Who is this Warren and does he know something that I/we don't?)

I followed the link, eventually found the post and IMO you can read it two different ways. He's done with Wii Homebrew altogether or he's done with the forum. It's depends on if you put your rose coloured glasses on or not. Maybe that's just wishful thinking.

I sure hope this doesn't effect BootMii getting finished.

The fact the Hackmii, which I believe is HIS site, is still up at least gives us some hope. That and the fact that Bushing made some adjustments to the BootMii page on the WBW; yes I realise that just because marcan has cracked it doesn't mean Bushing has.

FWIW you can't blame marcan if he gives up on 'the scene'. No doubt he's put in countless hours of work on the Wii, for little or no financial gain, is harassed at every turn, has his and others (free) work stolen from them and turned into something else so that other people can either make make money from it, big note themselves, or create an open door for pirates, or a combination of all three.

If he really is to never be seen again in the Wii community then I do wish him all the best. I for one commend him for all his efforts and hope that all his learnt whilst playing with the Wii helps him achieve great things in the future. That way at least he gets something out of all his hard work, instead of the rest of us just reaping all the benefits.

peas.
April 15, 2009 04:38AM
well said...
but actually HackMii is Bushing's blog. I just found this but I have yet to read anything on it.

EDIT: Eh nevermind... that hasn't had a new post in a while

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2009 04:39AM by bg4545.
April 15, 2009 06:27PM
1. Marcan is leaving the Wii scene in general.

2. Hackmii is from bushing and all the Twiizers.

3. It's sad indeed, but the show needs to go on.

4. AFAIK, no Twiizers project has been canceled.

(5. Maybe he is just giving a time to cool his mind.)
April 16, 2009 04:14AM
it is hard to not get fed up witha scene riddled with noobs, posers, and pirates...
April 16, 2009 08:28PM
NO!!!!!! (* slightly overdramatic but still)

Official word: hackmii

anyways, at least bootmii has and still is making progress :)
April 18, 2009 04:15AM
eh, noobs are only noobs when they don't do their homework. i'm pretty sure I'm not the case: installed TH, HBC, and im reading everything i can for wii homebrew. DS homebrew got boring after a while. =( I found out about this when i was looking at the dude that made Whee! DS and saw cosmo raketti on there, so i got wii homebrew like a week ago and i'm interested. It's a far cry from a month ago, making GTA:SA mods.
April 19, 2009 04:51AM
HEY!!!!! I know you!!!!! I had to do that. Aren't you the guy that made the Big Smoke's Stash mod? I think you are. I made the Goofy Goobers mod. You know, the one where all cars have landing gear and if you try to do a driveby it explodes. heheh i got thrown out of gtagarage for that.
April 19, 2009 11:40PM
Done?

From the Wii scene, yes. From hacking in general, no.

[marcansoft.com] <--That was his blog before hackmii and he will most likely continue to use it.

Its marcans choice and we have to respect that.
April 19, 2009 11:42PM
yeah... that's too bad...
April 19, 2009 11:47PM
Actually...

He wasnt even involved in the 4.0 hacking and Bootmii is being finished by other people (bushing) who have been working on the project just as long as marcan and are certainly more than capable of doing an equally job.

Its actually kinda interesting to wonder; Where will marcan strike next?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2009 11:47PM by Arikado.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login