Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RPGmaker 2003

Posted by dan3008 
RPGmaker 2003
April 21, 2009 02:27AM
ok, considering my last topic this may seem wierd. Is there any way for making a loader that could load RPGmaker 2003 games off of the SD card? the files it uses (when RTP is included) are

XXXX.izh
setup.exe
setup.ini
UNLHA32.DLL
UNLHA32.TXT

XXXX= game name

or after setup.exe has been run there is
several folders with all graphics in PNG format
a .lum for each map
RPG_RT.ini
RPG_RT.ldb
RPG_RT.lmt
and RPG_RT.exe (load to run the game)

Is there anyway of getting this to play via the homebrew channel. I have looked and cant find a way myself so i am asking for help.

If you need any further information please feal free to ask. I will try and get all the information i can for you.

---------edit-------------
Forgot to mention the controles
the arrow keys (to move) (input values D=1 U=4 L=2 R=3), space bar (input value 5) esc (input value 6) and can also use shift, the numbers and symbles.

so realy there is only 6 nessasary inputs that could be made to be the analog stick/dpad (arrow keys) A/C button (space bar) and B/z button (esc)

hope that helps, atleast a bit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2009 02:40AM by dan3008.
Re: RPGmaker 2003
April 21, 2009 04:15AM
RPGMaker is closed-source. Unless Enterbrain releases a Wii port fo the engine, there's no way to load a game.
April 21, 2009 03:22PM
i just wonderd if there was a way that the wii could read it and if there was an app that could make the mae think that the wii remomte was a keyboard.
April 21, 2009 09:00PM
No, its impossible.
April 22, 2009 10:25AM
damn. ahwell. I'll find a way of making a game some way or another. I have tried C++ and i just cant get my head around it. Any ideas what might work anyone?

how about if i could get the source code for the maker and the game. If it is in C++ could i get it to work then?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2009 10:28AM by dan3008.
April 22, 2009 11:16AM
ok, i have the source code for the RPG_RT.exe, will i need anything else? (i even have it in C++).
How can i make it a .dol and how do i change the input do that it accepts the wii remote instead of a keyboard. I know the C++ will work on the wii i just need to know how to get it working
April 22, 2009 01:27PM
maby just a stab in the dark but if i could wright the RPG_RT as C++ would that work? and then i cold change the controle input.
April 22, 2009 06:49PM
First, RPG Maker from Ascii is closed source. Unless you legally have access to their code, is completely illegal to do a port for Wii.

Second, if you want so badly to do RPGs on Wii, check this open-source engine:
[en.wikipedia.org]

Finally, doesn't matter what you will do, porting a PC app to the Wii is much more than just adding Wiimote support. It's hard, complex, yadda yadda yadda. I hope you give your best shot, but don't get too excited.
April 24, 2009 12:32AM
ok, first off, this is the enterbrain RPG maker. They released the code for this one a while back when they discontinued it. (thats how i got it).

secondly, ok, looked at that. How do i port the games from OHRRPGCE onto the wii then? will i have to look at the games source code and tranpose it to work withthe wii. If so i'm not that good. but thatnks for the help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login