Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

does anyone know a way to make DS roms work on a DSi/3rd party DSi apps or games

Posted by smash_legend 
lyk converting it or putting something lyk .DSI at the end
or if there are any 3rd party apps or games that you can download and ware can I find them
I think both the DS and DSi have the same architecture, so the latter would run DS roms in the same way as the former.

DS-Scene is a good place to look for DS homebrew apps and games.

This topic might end up in the junkyard, though - this isn't the place for discussing roms of commercially-viable games.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2009 04:59AM by alainvey.
Re: does anyone know a way to make DS roms work on a DSi/3rd party DSi apps or games
April 27, 2009 05:54AM
yeah and there's no DSi homebrew yet... DSiBrew
I'm not asking for roms, just how I can make them work on my DSi
A Flashcart specifically for the DSi will perform this function.
Re: does anyone know a way to make DS roms work on a DSi/3rd party DSi apps or games
April 27, 2009 06:17PM
Pirated roms? haha jk
April 27, 2009 09:07PM
Its nice to see you didn't actually leave the forums like you claimed to smash_legend ;)

Watch the talk in this topic though...
The Acekard 2i works with both the DSi and earlier Ds's Good luck finding one though, but i reccomend stuffs4kids.com, which has it in stock. But the name is odd, as this site is all flash carts. Nothing like getting kids into piracy early!!!! -.-
yah, sorry about that Arikado.
I was just in a REALLY bad mood and wanted to take out my anger of someone
but I*m just wondering, will a R4 flash cart work on a DSi, a little kid I know has 1 (his mom thought it would save some money on games) LOL they say they bought it in the mall
but he broke his DS and I might be able to trade him a Wii or NGC game 4 it and I was wondering if it would work
probably not. If it's a real R4 and not a knock-off, then no. The R4 is outdated and a card like the Acekard 2i is gaurunteed (can't spell) to work. But my EDGE works fine, and it's still being updated, so it's all good. Ya know, you've never played Warcraft III until you play it on the DS =P.
Arikado
Watch the talk in this topic though...

For my part, I'm trying to be helpful without violating the rules.

Basically, Flashcards built for the DS won't work on the DSi, but you can take a look at almost any website related to videogames other than this one to find limitless adverts and discussions for a DSi-specific one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login