Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best Buy and Homebrew Wii?

Posted by RR99i 
Best Buy and Homebrew Wii?
April 28, 2009 12:23AM
Hi everyone :),

Hopefully I posted this in the right section. What I was wondering was. If I get a replacement plan with Best Buy, would it be cover with a Homebrew Wii? Not sure if Best Buy checks the system fully out or not. I know that some homebrew can be taken off, just haven't figured that out. I've been reading that the disc drive has quit on some. Not sure if it's the watching of DVDs or not. I have less than two weeks to make my mind up. I just don't want to spend the money for the replacement plan, knowing I have homebrew on my Wii, that can't be replaced. :(
Re: Best Buy and Homebrew Wii?
April 28, 2009 12:45AM
Dunno. Ask BestBuy.
April 28, 2009 01:37AM
Kind of afraid to ask them. I know that with our Xbox 360, we're on the 5th one now. We just bring everything in, they don't test the system while I'm there. Then, we get a new one. It just worries me some, in case the homebrew messes up my Wii. I read "Warranty" news on Hackmii, not sure if anyone has had problems with their Wii or not... I only do soft modding.
April 28, 2009 01:55AM
I saw a demo Wii at Best Buy once with the HBC on it!
I was totally surprised...
April 28, 2009 02:02AM
LMAO! Too damn funny. I guess it's a good sign to get a replacement plan. I haven't really heard much, since the Wii was release of hardware failures. I do know that WiiConnect24 puts out a lot of heat. I knew the reason why, the wireless chip. But I just don't want softmodding to somehow mess up my Wii. Not sure where all the disc drive problems are coming from...
April 28, 2009 03:06AM
dude! ain't it obvious where it's coming from. it's coming from Latitude (DMS): 35° 0' 0 N Longitude (DMS): 135° 45' 0 E lol. If you don't know, that's the rough location of Ninty HQ in Kyoto. they make great shit, then it shits the bed randomly. *sigh* I wouldn't worry about it though. If DrLucky saw one at bet buy with it, i won't worry about it. But you SHOULD watch out for those coordinates. They'll suck you in right quick lol.
April 28, 2009 03:17AM
Yeah, just get worried. Knowing that taking it to Best Buy, and the defective Wii goes somewhere. That somewhere may cost me big time! lol I just don't want to see my $250 go down the drain.
April 28, 2009 03:29AM
yeah, but that was just one best buy...probably the employee that set it up didnt want to try it on his own wii...
April 28, 2009 03:35AM
hehe ya....too bad though. Wouldn't that go right up Ninty's ass? "Get Homebrew pre-installed on your wii for an extra $60!" lol that would be funny.
April 28, 2009 03:41AM
It's worth giving it a shot. Paying that $39.99 maybe worth it. Best Buy wouldn't have a clue of any sort of homebrew. Only the last destination of my Wii... would know, lol. But let's hope my replacement plan information from Best Buy, doesn't get to them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login