Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

little app problem

Posted by dan3008 
little app problem
May 01, 2009 12:55AM
ok, i made m own app atlase (yay me) however i can only complile it as a .exe is there any way of making a .exe play on the wii? or would i have to convert it to .elf? if so, how do i do that?

thanks
Re: little app problem
May 01, 2009 02:41AM
What kind of app did you make?
May 01, 2009 03:36AM
Erm, an .exe is a windows program, not a wii app. You can't convert an .exe to an .elf or .dol

If you compile under devkitPRO you can change your makefile to output an .elf or .dol.
May 01, 2009 10:32AM
ok thanks. I'll try, but i am having probs with devkitpro.

i dont suppose there is a pc emulator for the wii that can play .exe files is there? i know its unlikely but just curious.
@ bg4545:

It was a wii remote configure, it made other apps think that the diffrent buttend on the wii remote where keyboard ones insted. I dont even know if it works. lol, i'll try and get devkitpro working then if it works i'll release it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2009 10:36AM by dan3008.
May 01, 2009 03:43PM
dan3008
It was a wii remote configure, it made other apps think that the diffrent buttend on the wii remote where keyboard ones insted. I dont even know if it works.

And how does it work?
(I have the feeling, that your solution might depend on Windows)
May 01, 2009 09:20PM
Sounds to me (like daniel_c_w said) that when you compile under devkitPRO you'll get tons of errors because your program is pc dependant. If you don't it most likely won't work on Wii.

What library did you use to insert wii code into the program BTW?
May 02, 2009 01:10AM
Is your app "Hello World"? The scene is missing such an app. Of course, launching such a thing would require exploits which use functionality far beyond itself...
May 02, 2009 01:38AM
alainvey
Is your app "Hello World"? The scene is missing such an app. Of course, launching such a thing would require exploits which use functionality far beyond itself...
Rofl. You do know that devkitPRO comes with a helloworld app that only needs to be compiled to run properly right?

(BTW, it is possible you were being sarcastic, but its kinda hard to tell on a forum)
May 02, 2009 01:54AM
Arikado
alainvey
Rofl. You do know that devkitPRO comes with a helloworld app that only needs to be compiled to run properly right?

(BTW, it is possible you were being sarcastic, but its kinda hard to tell on a forum)

I was indeed being sarcastic: apologies for bringing down the tone. I didn't know that about devkitPRO, however.

Yesterday I was ordering my housemate (a long-term friend) to code such a program for laughs. Apparently he contributed to the library used by that music-based WiiWare game, but none of his code was actually used. My strong interest in Wii homebrew has afflicted me such that I can only communicate with my friends if it involves reference to Wii programs.

Why did I have to take Latin instead of IT?
May 02, 2009 03:08AM
Just think about it:

If the program realy does work and allows to alter the placement of Wii-Mote buttons in any wii game,
then he might have found a way auto-patch the code of any Wii game.
That means he solved the halting problem. Give him a nobel price. :D
May 03, 2009 04:31PM
ok you may be right, my app works to use the wiimote with the pc (wow this has been done mny a time) so i think it my be PC dipentant. I dont uppose there is a PC emulaor that can run a .EXE file is there? because with that i bet u ciuld gain the knolage i need to get this thing to wok on the wii.
May 03, 2009 11:08PM
dan3008
because with that i bet u ciuld gain the knolage i need to get this thing to wok on the wii.
The knowledge required to build win32 emulation on the wii from scratch is considerably more than that required to learn to construct a makefile calling the devkitPro libraries.

Just a point. =P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2009 11:09PM by Myu0.
May 04, 2009 01:04AM
I still don't see why people have this need to turn the Wii into a computer...
Even TT wants a non-nintendo Wii...
May 04, 2009 03:08AM
dan3008
ok you may be right, my app works to use the wiimote with the pc (wow this has been done mny a time) so i think it my be PC dipentant. I dont uppose there is a PC emulaor that can run a .EXE file is there? because with that i bet u ciuld gain the knolage i need to get this thing to wok on the wii.

And how does YOUR program work on the PC?

When you tell us how it works, than we might be able to tell you what parts have to be "replaced", or maybe why it won't work at all on the wii.
May 05, 2009 12:32AM
it simply works by basicaly waying

when input = A butten
make input = new command
May 05, 2009 01:06PM
dan3008
make input = new command

And how do you do that?
How do you handle the new input to the application?
May 06, 2009 09:47AM
I'm not certein exactally how it works. I just used an old app my dad made for the pc to allow GC romote input on the pc (an attempt at a gc game maker) and i just replaced the little bits. nothing fancy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login