Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Gamecube Lan Support

Posted by MageOfDarkSouls 
Wii Gamecube Lan Support
May 01, 2009 05:24AM
I recently got back into Phantasy Star Online but my Game Cubes sound is messed up. So I've been playing on my Wii. I found a private server for PSO that allows me to connect using my gamecube game, but the Wii has no lan/wifi support for gamecube games. So the big question is has anyone tried making a homebrew that makes the lan/wifi look connect like the gamecube broadband adapter, when booting gamecube games?

I don't know any programming, but I thought I would throw the question out there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2009 05:25AM by MageOfDarkSouls.
Re: Wii Gamecube Lan Support
May 01, 2009 07:52AM
The way that gamecube mode works is that it shuts down all non-essential functions when it enters the mode.
This includes USB, SD, LAN, Bluetooth (?) and IOS'.
May 01, 2009 10:53AM
Yes I understand that, what I am thinking is kind of like a gamecube emulator that uses functionality of the Wii. Because it would be a gamecube emulator it would run in Wii mode.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2009 11:10AM by MageOfDarkSouls.
May 01, 2009 03:04PM
GameCube emulators have already been discussed, and are pointless.

But maybe is possible to create a LAN driver for the MIOS...
May 01, 2009 09:50PM
Thats an even better idea.
May 02, 2009 01:58AM
what is Nintendo's response tp the idea? surely they must have support for all gamecube features if the Wii "replaces" the cube
May 02, 2009 03:01AM
DrLucky
what is Nintendo's response tp the idea? surely they must have support for all gamecube features if the Wii "replaces" the cube

No, they don't!

Just like any other company, they are dropping the earlier models, step by step.
Gamecube software works on the Wii almost 100%, but not all periphals do.
The Gameboy Player is dead as well.
May 02, 2009 04:03AM
I already made a thread for this like 3 months ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2009 04:03AM by ninjafish1990.
May 02, 2009 08:58AM
ninjafish1990
I already made a thread for this like 3 months ago.

Well, there are no use-the-search-function-nazis on this board.
Otherwise we wouldn't have so much threads asking for the new exploit.
May 03, 2009 12:35AM
I used the search function but never found the topic.
May 03, 2009 12:39AM
If Nintendo were to start adding functions that people cared about then they wouldn't have to worry as much about homebrewers and the like.
May 04, 2009 07:35AM
May 09, 2009 09:13PM
ninjafish1990
Wii LAN

[forum.wiibrew.org]

Looks like I beat you. :( So I guess you can stop complaining.. >.>
May 10, 2009 06:24PM
Clearly beat me since my first post was "February 22, 2009 10:06PM"
and yours was "May 01, 2009 05:24AM" what planet are you from, here on Earth February, comes before May.
May 15, 2009 03:02AM
Guess what I never remembered having a competition with you so I think you beat yourself. And if I remember correctly I said that I looked in the forum and didn't find anything. So I hope that if you did beat yourself you did so in the face with a large blunt object.
May 16, 2009 04:12AM
MageOfDarkSouls
Guess what I never remembered having a competition with you so I think you beat yourself. And if I remember correctly I said that I looked in the forum and didn't find anything. So I hope that if you did beat yourself you did so in the face with a large blunt object.
Number one you are a moron, I was clearly talking to cuber who said "Looks like I beat you. :( So I guess you can stop complaining.. >.>" had you read your own forum you would have noticed such a minute detail and not made yourself look like a complete idiot, but I hope you had a blast taking my place with that large blunt object!
May 17, 2009 12:36PM
ninjafish1990
and yours was "May 01, 2009 05:24AM" what planet are you from, here on Earth February, comes before May.

My post was "September 04, 2008 01:16AM "

2008 comes before 2009 ; ;

Edit: Why the fuck are you using the date from this thread when I clearly linked you to one made by me before yours on it? Do I look like MageOfDarkSouls to you? I'm guessing you didn't actually click it.. Probably should of named it ¬¬;

But still.. What planet are YOU from?

ninjafish1990
MageOfDarkSouls
Number one you are a moron, I was clearly talking to cuber who said "Looks like I beat you. :( So I guess you can stop complaining.. >.>" had you read your own forum you would have noticed such a minute detail and not made yourself look like a complete idiot, but I hope you had a blast taking my place with that large blunt object!

Considering you used the date from this thread... I can see how they'd think you were talking to them..

I'm not trying to have a competition with anyone here, but I'm just going on about Ninjafish complaining about searching when he clearly didn't him self..

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2009 12:48PM by cuber.
May 17, 2009 06:47PM
cuber
ninjafish1990

My post was "September 04, 2008 01:16AM "

2008 comes before 2009 ; ;

Edit: Why the fuck are you using the date from this thread when I clearly linked you to one made by me before yours on it? Do I look like MageOfDarkSouls to you? I'm guessing you didn't actually click it.. Probably should of named it ¬¬;

But still.. What planet are YOU from?

ninjafish1990
MageOfDarkSouls

Considering you used the date from this thread... I can see how they'd think you were talking to them..

I'm not trying to have a competition with anyone here, but I'm just going on about Ninjafish complaining about searching when he clearly didn't him self..
I used the date from this thread to clear confusion which in turn created more, your post is of a different entity then ours, yours is about tricking the wireless to act as other wireless (located in first paragraph), "I was wondering if it was possible for some kind of app to boot the game and make it think the wireless is the BB adapter, it sounds unlikely to be possible"
Mine is about nintendo servers shutting down and removing all capability of non-local multiplayer.
May 17, 2009 11:14PM
Isn't what I said kinda what this thread is asking for in the end though.. :/ Something to make it seem like the BB adapter is there and work over wi-fi for PSO on the Gamecube... Because on the wii, of course... that doesn't work...

Now I probably got slightly wrong about your thread but eh.. Your one to me now is the one that doesn't really match. @_@;;
May 18, 2009 05:57AM
Ok what ever they were different topics I guess, mine is more related to this one so I'm not really argueing with you, and I agree with the search being trash.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login