Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Realitii Boy

Posted by TheOtherMii 
Realitii Boy
May 21, 2009 10:01AM
I know I know... worst system ever. I'm sure this has been brought up before. But the thing is, the tools now seem to be in place to make it happen pretty easily. If I had the time, I'd probably try it myself. With the DOS box around now, and the original Realty Boy emulator being coded in DOS, all we would need is a GUI, some Wiimote / Nunchuk / Classic mapping, and a pair of red and blue glasses.

Come on programers.... just because Virtual Boy is the red-headed, bastard step-child of the Nintendo family, doesn't mean we should continue to make it stand outside in the cold. Let's open our arms and have a fond reunion. VB should not be kept out of the family portrait that is Homebrew. I've almost forgotten why the system was so cheesy and lame in the first place. I need a reminder.
Re: Realitii Boy
May 21, 2009 05:29PM
I don't code, but that was a well written post! If I could code I'd have done it just because of your plea! haha
May 21, 2009 05:43PM
May 22, 2009 02:36PM
I just received this email from David Tucker, author of the Reality Boy emulator:

"Porting realityboy to the wii is on my todo list. I am about 90% done with a port to the xbox. From there I need to take care of the little endian issues and it will be ready for the wii. Right now I don't have any time to work on this but I am hoping to be able to organize my code and post it to source fourge for others to play with."

This is pretty much what I wanted to hear. I don't really care that it gets done soon, I just wanted to know that it would get done eventually, and someone had it in mind. I'd pretty much be happy if it gets released before I wear out the NAND on my first Wii.
May 23, 2009 08:55PM
awesome! I wonder how it would show up on the TV screen...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login