Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flash player or Java player.

Posted by glorals 
Flash player or Java player.
May 24, 2009 04:31PM
Is it possible to make an flash player or an Java player to play games that are in .swf format or java?

An flash player would be awesome for people that doesn't have opera or internet on their wii (like I do).

Downloading (from someone else) the flash games trough the internet and adding them to your sd/usb and playing them trough the flash application or java. (offline...)

Is this possible, how? Is there already a way?
Dont say like connect internet to your wii or install opera to it... I dont need those.

Thanks for your time :)
Re: Flash player or Java player.
May 24, 2009 06:24PM
It is possible, because java and flash (up to a certain version) are well documented and could be considered open source.

But I'd say, it is a very high goal.
Only a good team of programmers can do that in reasonable time
May 25, 2009 06:31PM
daniel_c_w
It is possible, because java and flash (up to a certain version) are well documented and could be considered open source.

Maybe Java, but certainly not Flash. It's a badly documented format, at least if you consider Adobe side.]

BTW, glorals, did you have met my friend, Mr. Search Bar? It's just over there, scroll up the screen and you will find it =P

P.S: A JVM for Wii looks like a interesting idea, thought.
May 25, 2009 06:36PM
It truly doesn't matter how long it takes, as long they could give me how long it would take to be done :)
I respect for someone's efforts for creating programs (I totally dream about it, But it's just a impossible dream to achieve for me)

And I'm glad to hear that it's possible, I'm looking forward to this as anyone else that needs this kind of program.
May 31, 2009 05:19PM
Hi

I'm an engineer in computer science and the author of TUER (3D FPS using Java and OpenGL). It would have been better if Nintendo had found an agreement with Sun Microsystems to do this. I think that the OpenJDK 1.6 might work on the Wii with some modifications. The best solution would consist in suggesting an automatic procedure that could be launched from the Homebrew channel to install such a JVM. Then, once working, people could benefit of applets, Java Webstart and offline Java games. I have to make some searches to know exactly how difficult it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login