Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PS2 Emulator for Wii.

Posted by GoldenAlchemist 
Re: PS2 Emulator for Wii.
May 22, 2009 08:06AM
aujakev
I have Windows 95 running on my wii you cant tell me that was imposable! it would just take a long time to program, and test and release.... A Really Long Time....

Think what you want, but I think it's possable!

also, What the Hell does a Atari have to do with the Emulation of a PS2?

it's possible, but not at playable speeds.

As I mentioned before, the Wii isn't that much more powerful than a GC, maybe... 2-4X or so. The PS2 has a bitch of an architecture to emulate, and it's already close to GC speeds.

So, unless you want a PS2 emulator running at about... 0.3 frames a second, you're pretty much fucked, dude.
May 25, 2009 10:47PM
HyperHacker
Potential problem: some PS2 games are on CD-ROM; the Wii can only read DVD. It's not a big problem, because you can use ISOs or an external drive, but it kinda kills the effect. :P (Being able to stick an actual PS2 disc in your Wii and play it would be pretty awesome.)

Or just dump the game from the CD onto a DVD and boot from there. :P
May 26, 2009 07:04AM
Not the easier thing in the world to do. Some games can convert in less than 20 minutes. Others would take a long time as you have to basically manually do it.

=\
May 26, 2009 06:40PM
"I have Windows 95 running on my wii you cant tell me that was imposable!" - i was talking about dosbox here.

just because windows is closed source doesn't mean you cant use it on other OS'
[www.youtube.com]

"it would just take a long time to program, and test and release.... A Really Long Time...." - this was about the ps2 emulation

and i have been reading the posts
May 26, 2009 09:19PM
aujakev
"I have Windows 95 running on my wii you cant tell me that was imposable!" - i was talking about dosbox here.
FYI, Windows 95 is not DOSBox. DOSBox is an emulator that can run some DOS (aka Windows programs). Windows 95 is an OS. The power (processing speed, RAM, etc.) required to emulate the PS2 does not make it feasible to attempt with the Wii. The power required to emulate simple DOS games is not even close to what we need for PS2 emulation. So once again, you fail.
May 29, 2009 09:30PM
I.S.T.

it's possible, but not at playable speeds.

As I mentioned before, the Wii isn't that much more powerful than a GC, maybe... 2-4X or so. The PS2 has a bitch of an architecture to emulate, and it's already close to GC speeds.

So, unless you want a PS2 emulator running at about... 0.3 frames a second, you're pretty much fucked, dude.

my PC doesn't even run psx2 at 0.3 FPS!

so Arikado i guess your right ps2 on wii is imposable, there you happy! the wii-2 might be able to emulate the ps2. (if it comes out) XD
May 30, 2009 12:41AM
How is this topic 4 pages long? It should have consisted of two posts.
June 01, 2009 07:47PM
6,034 views!! :O

Thats more views than the rules about posting a topic!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2009 07:49PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 01, 2009 10:39PM
Wow, 6,034+ views, that amazing! truly Amazing, and moved to off topic!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2009 03:46PM by aujakev.
June 01, 2009 10:48PM
Is that sarcasm? i can't tell when reading what someone says over the internet. :P
June 03, 2009 11:15PM
damn....i saw something similar on a different forum about ps2 emulators in general. It said that ps2 emulators would be full speed by 2008 (it was written in '05). HA! Fail. The things people come up with in these past years! For example: the Wii (Worst name ever), the robotic toilets, and Chinese manufacturing!!!!! I wonder why the economy is in the toilet.......
June 03, 2009 11:18PM
Lol, robotic toilets!!

Yes, the name "wii" is probably the most mental thing i've seen. :P
June 04, 2009 06:35PM
I prefer the original name, "Revolution" than "Wii" but i wounder what they would of called the Mii's if they had named it the "Revolution"...
June 04, 2009 07:35PM
Revolutionaries!!! :D
June 05, 2009 07:52AM
Hahahahah
June 05, 2009 09:24PM
rebels, or, if they were literal, Americans!!!!!!! "damn you conspirators! Join us Brits again!!!!" Damn......aaaaaaah it pays to have a family that immigrated on one side here over 200 years ago, i don't about the other. (1820s, maybe?)
June 05, 2009 09:28PM
Die evil insanely offtopic topic, die.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.