Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

About the WFC Banning (Error Code: 20102)

Posted by Tommywishes 
About the WFC Banning (Error Code: 20102)
May 31, 2009 01:23AM
I don't know if I'm allow to talk about but.
Do you think there is a way to make a private server that can let a game connect to your private server.
like there is way to browse on the wii shop channel. (aka: Go to youtube, Yahoo, etc.)

Is the there a way to make a the game think is connecting to connect to its normal server but it not.

Plus this might a good idea for cheaters to be with cheaters and the none cheaters who want to be with the cheaters can be.

Thanks

But how does the game connect to the internet. Does it need a special code. Does it look for the url.
Re: About the WFC Banning (Error Code: 20102)
May 31, 2009 01:56AM
May 31, 2009 02:01AM
I don't think Nintendo is monitoring the friend versus races. Just get some friends on mario kart, and then go cheat with them! :P
May 31, 2009 02:11AM
But on a website it said that on brawl that you would still will be banned even if you brawling with your friend only.

IDK on MKWii

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2009 02:20AM by Tommywishes.
June 01, 2009 12:51AM
What is the website?
June 04, 2009 09:42PM
Ok, here's my idea.

We can extract all of the files in an ISO with Edited Out, right? So, if we were to get a programmer to check the code on some of the files, maybe we can zero in on the file which contains WiFi info. Certainly the game uses one/several servers, and I think when someone connects to WiFi, the game scans one server, then another server, etc, until it "loops" finding a player.

Now where am I going by saying this? Ok, so we simply need to extract the file which contains WiFi info from an ISO, then edit the IP Address/Domain which the game is connecting to. We really dont have to worry about a port or something, unless you are port forwarding through a router. Is this making any sense?

Thus, once the file is edited with private server info, merely patch the ISO with the edited file, and burn/trim and boot.

Now that's all I think the client would need to do. Our next objective is server info. What do I mean? Ok, for instance, WoW uses files which contain the server information, correct? The files whijch WoW uses for the terrain, world, npc's, etc, are all local on the server. Now if you want to run a private server with, for instance MKWii, you need this background info in order to run the "room joining", "game hosting", etc. So my idea is to use a server "sniffer" which, now that you know what the original IP address of the server is, you can merely FTP to it, and/or use the sniffer to read the directories of the server. Thus, you will be able to download necessary server info. Now your main objective is to forward the ports to your server, install the necessary software to run the server software, and get everything all setup.

If you run into a password or something, just check the original WiFi file which I mentioned about above, because the wii client should have a password to "login to the server".

Now this is just what it seems to be. I don't own an actual WiFi game other than Onslaught, so I can't rip an ISO and check the files. However, if you have an ISO available and want to get a programmer to check it out and patch the info, make sure you remember to check out server data too.

What do you think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2009 10:09PM by Arikado.
June 04, 2009 10:00PM
Erm, the talk of ISO's isn't supported here, i don't think.
June 04, 2009 10:09PM
This "wi-fi banning" all happens from the server side. Thats why it hasn't been happening since day one of mario kart. In other words, we cant do anything about it. Also, only cheaters are getting banned so there's no need to look for a solution beyond "Don't cheat".

Now please, no more ISO discussion.
June 10, 2009 09:02PM
I don't condone online cheating, for the sole reason you are ruining others' experiences and that is the only reason I'm letting you in on this. DNS servers point to where things are. If someone sets up a DNS server that points to a private game server, they can make the wii think it is going to the real server. The only issue is figuring out how the server side and client communicate so a packet intercepter would have to be used.
June 15, 2009 01:05AM
Actually, I doubt that the WiFi servers use FTP. It's much more likely that they would use the more efficent POST or GET methods, or something properitiaery.

I suck at wording.
June 27, 2009 06:40PM
No game ever uses FTP!!! Rofl, sry...

It's not POST or GET either though, because these deal with PHP coding. Game servers dont run off of PHP...

I am not really sure to tell you the truth... (This is a request for someone to reverse engineer a server or something.. :D)
June 27, 2009 10:21PM
POST/GET are key parts of the HTTP spec and not isolated to PHP, slyfox.
June 28, 2009 08:56AM
What I want to know is how they are tracking it. The networking is peer to peer, so it could be that the games were designed to flag cheaters? Or is there a way for them to look at the network data and find out? Without any reporting system I don't know how they could. I hope the bans carry over to the conduit, I don't want it to be ruined.
June 28, 2009 04:13PM
Probably random sanity checks. Also, if you call Nintendo, they might do something when you ask for somebody to be banned...
June 28, 2009 04:50PM
agoaj
I hope the bans carry over to the conduit, I don't want it to be ruined.
Isn't the Conduit published by Sega? My bet guess is that the bans are server specific (although all the Nintendo servers probably share the same bans) and that the Sega servers wouldn't have those ban numbers. (Does this sorta make sense?)
June 28, 2009 06:02PM
I understand what you're saying, arikado, if that makes you feel better. :P
June 28, 2009 06:16PM
and i believe you're right about Nintendo servers sharing bans. i read that people who cheated on mario kart couldnt play online in brawl either.
June 28, 2009 06:50PM
Just to add, I believe The Conduit is using Nintendo servers. I think only EA have set up an alternative to it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login