Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

25 Years of Tetris

Posted by z400100500 
25 Years of Tetris
June 06, 2009 06:46PM
I'm a day late on this, but it's the 25th anniversary of the greatest Soviet-made game EVER!!!!!!!!! I practically WORSHIP Alexey Pajitnov. He's the man!!!!

Factoid: The original game boy packaging had "FROM RUSSIA WITH FUN!" on it!

Here's the Time article: From Russia with fun!

I'm playing Tetris all day to Celebrate!!!!
Re: 25 Years of Tetris
June 06, 2009 07:22PM
June 06, 2009 07:38PM
hahahaha, he blocks a truck!!!! I would've ran him over. I wonder how he could see through those tiny tiny eye holes.
June 06, 2009 09:02PM
Okay that link was awesome :-D
June 06, 2009 11:02PM
scratch that. I'm not playing tetris all day. I got bored and played tribes. But then i got killed 3 times in a hallway. Now im playing tetris again. It fits though. Tetris is the best puzzle game ever, and Tribes is the best fps. Hell, it's been free to download for 5 years. I think. Oh well. The ful title is Starsiege: Tribes, but Tribes is a whole word shorter!!!!! =p Now im gonna make that dude pay.
June 07, 2009 03:54PM
You were right on the date, it was all on saturday.
June 09, 2009 03:02AM
i was? Eh, it don't matter. And in other news, I nailed that dude Fresca in Tribes who was gunning for me. I found a Rocket launcher and sat on a hill, waiting. When he flew by, WHAM!!! He was so close when the rocket blew up i got some damage too. But there's nothing better than watching a rival fall 100 feet to the bottom of a desert ravine.
June 09, 2009 01:18PM
I nevver realy got the Tetris Hype:
[www.youtube.com]

I prefer Dr. Mario. That game, I can play for hours against a friend of mine.

EDIT: corrected link

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 08:40PM by daniel_c_w.
Really offtopic question about a Compaq but tech support isn't helping.
June 12, 2009 02:26AM
Hey I'm wondering how can I get my Compaq Presario desktop computer to connect to the internet with its wireless card. I know it has one, but it seems that it won't connect to my server. I can put a Dell Inspiron laptop on the same spot and it will get great internet. I'm asking because i don't have an ethernet cable long enough to snake it through my house, all the way to my room. I don't think they make 100 foot cables do they? maybe 70 feet is a better guesstimate. Help would be appreciated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login