April 04, 2009 09:17PM
The DSi-Shop is region locked
Re: DSiBrew: who is working on this?? -OT
April 05, 2009 05:10AM
ok thanks. thats interesting
April 05, 2009 02:52PM
no problem, Agent Carmichael :D

(i've been dying to say that, since I saw your username for the first time)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2009 02:52PM by daniel_c_w.
April 20, 2009 03:49AM
April 20, 2009 04:16AM
kydo
http://www.ezflash.cn/faq.htm
Erm, the goal of DSiBrew is to create a software exploit that will run unsigned code.
how about dsi homebrew
April 10, 2009 02:36PM
It would be beter if you can bring the homebrew to the dsi so you can play emulators on the go.
+you could make a app for the wii homebrew to make a ds wireless signal to download it.
Re: how about dsi homebrew
April 10, 2009 03:10PM
April 10, 2009 03:29PM
well i'm talking about not having to get a homebrew card just haveing it on the dsi memory or sd card.
not spending cash on a the ds homebrew card.
April 10, 2009 03:42PM
LucasYoung1996
well i'm talking about not having to get a homebrew card just haveing it on the dsi memory or sd card.

No offense, but did you even look through dsibrew? Thats exactly what we're trying to do.
DSI Homebrew
June 11, 2009 05:34AM
Do you think their will ever be homebrew for thr DSI.

P.S. I don't have one yet
Re: DSI Homebrew
June 11, 2009 05:37AM
June 11, 2009 05:42AM
How far did they get.

Will they make it look like the same as the wii homebrew???
June 11, 2009 07:20AM
They need a dsi-mode exploit.
And I guess the GUI is up to them
Using Wii to hack DSi
June 12, 2009 03:56AM
Is it possible to create a homebrew application that sends data to the DSi via DS download play, like the Nintendo channel, that then hacks the DSi?
Re: Using Wii to hack DSi
June 12, 2009 04:12AM
Re: One DSi Topic to rule them all
June 12, 2009 09:44PM
Sorry to jump in here.

I'm a noob when it comes to software exploits, just to let everyone know. Anyways, this is an exploit idea that came to me last night.

What if an exploit could be found within the DSi's Music Player? In my mind, it would probably involve the way the Music Player loads .AAC files, and a special .AAC file itself. The reason I thought of this is because of the upcoming SSBB exploit. It uses a stage file to exploit the game, right? If that was the case, I thought, "What if the same thing could be applied to the DSi's Music Player, except with music files?"

I'm probably making up something that can't be done (due to the fact that its music files that are being dealt with in this instance.), but I thought I'd share. Thoughts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 09:52PM by Sonicdude41.
June 12, 2009 10:54PM
Well, it is not impossible.
If there is any error or missing sanity check in the players code, it could be as simple as a too long tag info in the music file.
On the other hand, if Nintendo did deliver great code, it is impossible.
June 12, 2009 11:49PM
Sonicdude41:

Our goal right now is to get an exploit to let us run unsigned code in DSi mode. What you stated is actually one of the many things we're trying. The DSi's media playing capabilities load tons of crap, so with a little luck, we'll be able to exploit one of them.
June 13, 2009 12:03AM
Arikado
Sonicdude41:

Our goal right now is to get an exploit to let us run unsigned code in DSi mode. What you stated is actually one of the many things we're trying. The DSi's media playing capabilities load tons of crap, so with a little luck, we'll be able to exploit one of them.

I know the purpose of the exploit. =P
I guess I should've stated that I was a complete noob at creating software exploits rather than being a noob in general.

That's neat, though. I wish I could do stuff like this (I have VERY limited knowledge in programming. As of right now, I only know the basics of C++. Teaching yourself C++ isn't exactly easy. =P). Nonetheless, it's interesting to see that a simple bug can pave the way for many, many possiblities.

Anyways, to keep my post on topic, I unfortunately don't have a DSi. I'll hopefully have one by the end of this year. =D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2009 12:05AM by Sonicdude41.
June 13, 2009 12:13AM
Actually, just getting the DSi to crash has nothing to do with C/C++ It's basically just messing around with files in a hex editor until we corrupt them in a way unrecognized by the DSi causing it to spazz out and crash. After that occurs, then aC/ C++ loader should kick in and load and run an .nds (.ndsi) file. But I'm getting ahead of myself :P All we're trying to do now is just crash the machine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2009 12:13AM by Arikado.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login