Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adding Channel Pages?

Posted by WB3000 
Adding Channel Pages?
July 02, 2009 02:47AM
I had started looking into the latest menu using IDA, in hopes that I could find some easy way to increase the number of channel pages from the current 4 to a slightly larger number. I'm afraid that my IDA skills are not that good yet, and I've had a difficult time finding anything regarding the page number (some sort of maximum constant or something, idk).

Has anyone else looked into this, or perhaps knows whether it's even possible or not?
Re: Adding Channel Pages?
July 02, 2009 11:04PM
As far as I know it is not possible to make changes with IDA. Correct me if I'm wrong
July 02, 2009 11:09PM
I doubt it'd be easy to do this, or surely it'd have been done long ago.
July 02, 2009 11:48PM
Why not just upgrade to 4.0? Then you could use the SD card menu.....
July 03, 2009 12:03AM
WaxyPumpkin72
because then you lose the trucha bug, which may be used by some of his favourite apps.
July 03, 2009 12:09AM
SifJar
WaxyPumpkin72
because then you lose the trucha bug, which may be used by some of his favourite apps.
I guess thats true...It was just a suggestion...

Edit: I personally wouldn't upgrade to 4.0, cuz i use apps that don't work on that firmware. i just said that as a solution to his question......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2009 12:10AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 03, 2009 12:14AM
Yeah, just pointing out a reason why he may be reluctant to upgrade.
July 03, 2009 07:40AM
You could use WiiSCU to put the trucha bug back into IOS60 and then you could use the SD card menu for that stuff.. (I believe thats similar to what the pirates do...)
July 03, 2009 02:59PM
You're assuming that there's a variable buried deep in the system menu that defines how many pages there are and all other channel page related variables and functions act around this one.

Well it's certainly plausible, it's far more likely that there is a set number that is used. And changing that number would require rewriting huge portions of the system menu (and in asm no less!).
July 03, 2009 03:13PM
no, that's just for loading custom channels off SD menu. We mean apps like Gecko OS (hooks) and others which require trucha IOS. I dont think they can use IOS 60.
July 03, 2009 08:32PM
I am already on 4.0, however after seeing how many pages the SD menu takes up, I thought it would be interesting to see if the menu itself could handle several more in the main section as well. I suppose many issues could come up as a result of that.

It could be accomplished with Preloader hacks I'm assuming. IDA would just be used to find out what offsets are needing a change.
July 07, 2009 04:10PM
Well, i just realised, that, if you're doing things legally, there is no real need for extra channel pages. I downloaded 2 or 3 VC games and a wiiware game or 2 and my wii's system memory was practically full with barely spilling onto the second page. the only way i can think of you could fill it is if you made loads of forwarder channels (which are tiny) and installed them, but they're illegal. therefore, i believe this endevour is pointless
July 07, 2009 04:53PM
I downloaded and bought (from the shop), legally, enough channels to fill my System menu.
And that was pre-Wiiware.
July 07, 2009 07:05PM
wow. must have all been nes games or something. i suppose, two of mine were n64 games which are kinda large.and a wiiware game is kinda large. and i download all the free channels which takes up space.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login