Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nintendo told me if I don't uninstall homebrew they will "????"

Posted by Rylan 
Nintendo told me if I don't uninstall homebrew they will "????"
July 03, 2009 03:18AM
here's my post from mkwii.com about the subject:

So I spoke with some Nintendo Admin named Ryan just now, and to make a long story short he said if I do not uninstall homebrew I may or may not be baned from WFC. This thread is not about an error code or a ban this is about Nintendo telling us what kind of software we can and can not install on the hardware device we purchased from them.

I pressed the subject and he did not give me a straight answer weather or not I would be banned again from ALL OF NINTENDO wifi games if I did not remove homebrew.

I informed him I used it to play japanese and european games, and I also told him I thought this issue might have to do with people getting free roms rather than paying for wiiware virtual console games.... He said no its because of cheaters ruining the game and people calling to complain that they want their money back. I told him okay you want the people who ruin games? Sure I will link you to youtube accounts of people like CHINAMANZ who ruin world wides and regionals on a regular basis, I told him to go after 2hot4u and he said "oh yeah we have admins blah blah" THE FACT IS there are tons of people cheating on WW and they are not going away because nintendo did a ****ty job in the first place making this game, things like the GV glitch for example.

But I digress, the main issue here is they eluded to something like "if you don't uninstall homebrew we MAY ban you again even if you never EVER cheat online"
Re: Nintendo told me if I don't uninstall homebrew they will "????"
July 03, 2009 03:20AM
Thats impossible. They can't do that. They don't have the rights. They can't see if you have homebrew or not, unless you're going online and cheating. That's not true "Ryan
" is just trying to scare you, as far as I know. :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2009 03:22AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 03, 2009 04:03AM
n00bs scaring n00bs lol
July 03, 2009 04:48AM
That's bullsh**t point blank. I don't use cheats at all, but I do go online with Homebrew installed and I browse the Shop channel, Nintendo Channel etc. and I have played games using Nintendo Wi-fi. Anyway it's only so much Nintendo can do, cause they are "Not" the Internet Service Provider. Nintendo Wi-Fi taps into the existing connection. Only thing that can detect sofmods and mod chips etc. and disable them thus making the system inoperative even possibly resulting in a brick is when ones console is updated thru Nintendo itself and it gives that warning before the update.
July 03, 2009 07:58AM
Well WaxyPumpkin I would agree, they should not have the right to tell me what sort of software I can or cannot have installed on the hardware they sold me, if I am not using cheats online then they should not have any reason to ban me. The weird thing was they just didn't want to give straight answers about anything. I don't think he could actually come out and say "we will ban you from nintendo wifi connection if you have homebrew" but he was definitely eluding to it, but when asked he would give a very scripted sounding answer.. Very corporate lol

I am going to continue to have my HBC installed on one of my wii's and if they want to ban me for it they can go right ahead. I will let you all know if I get another ban for simply having it installed. I can't see how they would know though unless it was through the wiiconnect24 or something?
July 03, 2009 08:22AM
So how did "Ryan" contact you?
July 03, 2009 12:44PM
I'm pretty sure they just block people who cheat online - simple solution, don't cheat online. If nintendo were really against Homebrew, they could surely have easily removed HBC many updates ago, and removed it with each update since. But no update yet has removed HBC, so I reckon they don't really mind HBC too much, it's just cheaters and pirates they don't like.
July 03, 2009 01:51PM
p.s.: why does this thread remind me of the "formatted my SD card" story
July 03, 2009 02:27PM
LeftToSigh
Nintendo Wi-Fi taps into the existing connection. Only thing that can detect sofmods and mod chips etc. and disable them thus making the system inoperative even possibly resulting in a brick is when ones console is updated thru Nintendo itself and it gives that warning before the update.
That's bullshit point blank.
July 03, 2009 03:49PM
daniel_c_w
Arikado
That's bullshit point blank.

That's it :D
July 05, 2009 06:52AM
Well, my opinion is somewhat different... You see, I also spoke with Ryan on July 2nd and he clearly told me to remove the program(I am now sure that he was talking about HBC after reading several posts from other forums regarding the ban wave)completely or there will be NO next time for me... He also told me that homebrew is NOT authorized by Nintendo(duh!)... From that warning, all I can tell you guys is they really don't care much whether I was hacking or not. As long as i have HBC, I can hack on-line at any time I want which is true. So, I'd say the next stike could be the fatal blow to every HBC users all over the world...

Anyway, I am actually amazed by Nintendo this time because my Wii is still at 3.2U and yet they still managed to catch me this time around although I was NOT hacking at the time when ban wave was occured...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2009 07:18AM by DaisyChan2009.
July 05, 2009 08:42AM
Rylan
I will let you all know if I get another ban for simply having it installed.
What? You've already been banned once? That doesn't really make sense.....
daniel_c_w

What are you referencing?

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2009 08:46AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 05, 2009 10:07AM
This thread: [forum.wiibrew.org]

The answer to my question is: That thread was bull-crap, and I didn't dare to call it that, and I have the feeling the same goes for this thread
July 05, 2009 03:50PM
This thread is bullcrap. I'd like to talk to Ryan myself. Contact info plz?
July 05, 2009 06:18PM
Here you go: 1-800-633-3236 ext. 2799 M-F at 7:30AM PST

Just don't come and blame me for what happen to you or your Wii after you are done talking with him... I am NOT responsible for anything happen under any circumstances...
July 05, 2009 06:24PM
DaisyChan2009
Just don't come and blame me for what happen to you or your Wii after you are done talking with him... I am NOT responsible for anything happen under any circumstances...
LOL. He can't do anything to my Wii.

Does he have an E-Mail address, IM Account of some sort? I really don't have the money to make a long distance call for what I know will be a long discussion...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2009 06:24PM by Arikado.
July 05, 2009 06:38PM
Hmmm... I am not sure about it but it's a toll free number...

Anyway, where are you living? Outside US perhaps?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2009 06:47PM by DaisyChan2009.
July 05, 2009 06:40PM
Wait, Arikado, let me guess.....Europe?
July 06, 2009 12:16AM
No, I live in the US but about as far away from Nintendo as I could possibly be. I'll look into this soon - thanks :)
July 06, 2009 11:28AM
Well, it is a toll free number.
It would be realy nice, if you could look into it.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.