Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vista Sucks

Posted by strongfan 
Vista Sucks
October 18, 2008 05:20PM

No joke. Talk about problems you've had with vista or any other computer. Also, are we allowed to post non-wii related things in offsubject? If not, then delete this
Re: Vista Sucks
October 18, 2008 05:43PM
Posting a 'shopped photo isn't exactly a great example of the problems you have with Vista.
October 18, 2008 06:08PM
This is something you programmed? I'm on Vista and I love it.
October 23, 2008 08:55AM
The computers on campus run Vista. It crawls on machines with 2ghz and 2GB RAM. I've crashed Explorer by right-clicking the desktop, opening the start menu, or simply logging in. The start menu was especially fun, as it left a big block over the screen where it had been that wouldn't go away until I logged out.

Screw Vista.

(That screenshot, however, is a terrible fake. It doesn't even look like a Vista dialog box, and the wording is all wrong.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2008 08:56AM by HyperHacker.
October 23, 2008 05:41PM
My computer runs vista perfectly. Perhaps, you're school should update their computers, not their OS.
October 24, 2008 05:15AM
Update to what? If those aren't powerful enough to run an OS alone, there's something wrong with the OS.
October 24, 2008 04:59PM
Update to more RAM, more memory, that sorta thing.
October 24, 2008 11:02PM
I don't know why so many people complain about vista, it's 98% perfect for me and I had it for a year (not 100% but neither is XP, nor mac, nor Ubuntu). For the people who expect to run vista fine on an old PC, when XP first came out, did you expect to be able to run it fine on a Win 98? (reason why I said win98 and not win 2000 is because XPs life cycle was as long as both combined)
A system today that runs vista smoothly is the same price as a system 6 yrs ago that ran XP smoothly, in case you haven't heard, technology has been improving and becoming cheaper.
October 27, 2008 06:28PM
I hate vista because MS removed things they shouldn't have. For example, Vista can't display a .gif wallpaper or any .gif for the matter that win 98 could. Also, it can't remember my damn folder setting >:o, something win 98 could do. and the list goes on and on from there....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2008 06:29PM by stevey.
December 24, 2008 06:11AM
TD_Linux
Posting a 'shopped photo isn't exactly a great example of the problems you have with Vista.

well vista has this nice little issue of intergrating everything so it uses more memory i got 3 computers and im running windows 95, xp, and vista............. i mostly use 95 i dont need to upgrade everything so often..
December 31, 2008 09:35AM
I hope that's a joke, Windows 95 was the most unreliable piece of crap I ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Maybe 3.1 was worse but I usually only used that computer in DOS to play those old shareware games like Raptor and ROTT. Also, Vista rocks unless you mess something up, which is the same as any other OS. Personally whenever I go back to XP on someone else's computers I feel like it's a huge step backwards. I always open the start menu and try to search to start programs and realize it doesn't exist, and then hit the run dialog because it's faster. There are a host of other reasons I usually bring up whenever someone says Vista sucks, but I'm too lazy to think of them right now.
December 31, 2008 09:41AM
iofthestorm
Vista rocks unless you mess something up
My friend bought a machine with Vista installed and brought it around my house to help him configure it. The very first time it booted up, several programs crashed!

That said, I hate all the pre-packaged installs that come with a bought PC, which is why I elect to build my own.

I quite like XP64, with the exception that there's still a lot of hardware without drivers, and you can't use the 32bit drivers :-(
December 31, 2008 08:15PM
I like my XP64 bit except for all of the incompatibility... and it blue screens me from time to time...

but hey, how else can you run 16 GBs of ram than with a 64 bit?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2008 08:16PM by DrLucky.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login