Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Sonic 1 Marble Zone theme remix

Posted by MrPeanut 
My Sonic 1 Marble Zone theme remix
July 27, 2009 03:17AM
Hey guys,
Haven't had time for much coding but have been in kinda a creative mood... Anyway I've been playing with the FM8 synth and mixed a little marble zone remix. I always thought that song was badass when I played sonic 1 years ago and knew I'd remix it some day. Figured I'd share it with my wiibrew friends since we're all gamers :)

Well, it's at [drop.io]

'MrPeanut
Re: My Sonic 1 Marble Zone theme remix
July 27, 2009 05:40AM
Nice =D
Althought I enjoy some more movement...

Hmmm, but don't take this as a complain, it's a very nice remix.

EDIT: cool, I took just 10 months to do 400 posts. I'm such a lazy guy...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2009 05:43AM by DanielHueho.
July 27, 2009 06:38AM
Hehe it's cool man I'm open too all comments/suggestions cause really, I'm just doing it for fun. Just curious though, by more movement, do you more simultaneous sounds, or faster bpm? I went with the original tempo of the song (played the notes by ear matching up to a metronome). I had originally a couple more tracks layed out on top of it but it sounded a little busy for my taste, so I kept it mellow

Thanks for your reply though, thanks for listening :)

'MrPeanut
July 27, 2009 02:57PM
MrPeanut
Just curious though, by more movement, do you more simultaneous sounds, or faster bpm?

More sounds. The music is a bit empty at the start (it gets better at mid-end)... But the speed is good!
July 27, 2009 05:10PM
I really liked it, will stay in my plalist for a while.
Can you tag it properly, or give me a name for you you and the piece?

But to be honest, the 8-bit sounds, that kick in at 30 seconds, make it sound older than it really is.
August 04, 2009 03:27AM
I like it. I am interested in maybe you doing a few more songs for this era (especially Sonic 2 Zone 1 (forgot the name)), and releasing an unofficial album. Someone needs to do that song in Stepmania now.
August 04, 2009 03:33AM
That would be Emerald Hill Zone, which actually has two different themes; One for single-, and one for multiplayer.
August 17, 2009 08:20AM
I am currently tying to pick a ringtone for my new cell phone, and this piece is in the top 4!

So far the only comment from a friend of mine was: "too spacy".
Unfortunatley he did not know the theme :(
August 18, 2009 03:41PM
I'm glad you guys like it :) pinball wizard: I may do another song or two but I've been busy with work so I haven't had too much time to work on music stuff. If I do I'll post it. Thanks for listening!

'MrPeanut
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login