Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Linking Wii to DS and Maintainence Mode

Posted by musicalmatt 
Linking Wii to DS and Maintainence Mode
August 05, 2009 08:10PM
On the Wii in the Mii Channel, there's some hack you can do. When you do it, a menu comes up and says somthing about DS communications will be launched. I've tried using the download play on DS while this is happening but nothing comes up. Is there anything that it can do with the DS? Also, I've never really found a definite answer on Maintainence Mode. Can anyone explain?
Re: Linking Wii to DS and Maintainence Mode
August 05, 2009 11:49PM
DS connectivity is only usable in certain games, I think that Nintendo one with two pedometers is the only one so far.

As for Maintence Mode, it doesn't do much. Disables message board, stops play history (I think), not much else. MAY be useful for fixing banner, not really sure on that one.
August 06, 2009 04:23AM
Could you elaborate on the hack at all? We can't help you if you aren't more specific on how the hack works.
August 06, 2009 12:41PM
I know what he's talking about, it isn't a hack, its just a hidden feature of the MIi Channel which allows you to connect to DS if you press certain buttons in order and hold them and stuff. Its only used in one game, and there is no other use for it. But maybe Nintendo will let others use it, or make a Mii Channel for DSi, which will let you connect and transfer Miis.
August 11, 2009 02:31AM
Press A B and 1 then hold the 2 button until the option pops up.
August 18, 2009 08:56PM

I checked it out and took some pics, and icon stayed on the menu, even when i reset
August 18, 2009 10:58PM
Yep, what would be cool is if someone got the game required to transfer Miis and then transferred some Miis while monitoring communications, and worked out how the Mii sending worked, then allowed a DS homebrew to recieve Miis. That'd be awesome. There are already apps for editing Miis on DS (although not actual Miis, just ones made on DS)
August 25, 2009 10:12PM
If you start wii in Maintainence mode, and go into the homebrew channel, does it affect it at all?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login