Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hello

Posted by TopGun96 
Hello
August 12, 2009 10:20PM
Hello, I have joined this community because I think it is a very nice, moral-driven community and thought that I should join it. I am certainly not a noob to wii homebrew in anyway.
I know a lot about general homebrew hacking, trouble shooting, and how the internals of the wii work. I can help many people on many subjects. However, my weakness is coding. I currently have about enough knowledge to make a "Hello World" app in c++.
I have been in the wii homebrewing community for quite a while and would like to help as many people here as possible. I was thinking about joining gbatemp but very quickly realized that it was mainly about stupid usb loaders and piracy. I did not want to be a part of anything that supports piracy. Then i stumbled onto the wiibrew forums. It was exactly what i wanted!!!! Therefore, I wanted to introduce myself to this wonderful community and would like to say thank you for making this helpful forum. I would love to help as many people as possible.
Re: Hello
August 12, 2009 11:17PM
Welcome to the forums, although really this should have been in the off topic forum. And dont worry, many people here can't code. Like me, for example.
August 12, 2009 11:30PM
LOL, thanks for the greet. Actually, I thought i clicked on the off-topic button before the new-topic button. My bad. :P

One question (probably for Arikado): I have read all the rules and everything but i was wondering what else could you get banned for? Are there repeat minor offenses for something not listed that could get me banned?

Thanks.
August 13, 2009 05:54PM
TopGun96
One question (probably for Arikado): I have read all the rules and everything but i was wondering what else could you get banned for? Are there repeat minor offenses for something not listed that could get me banned?
If you're banned, you're completely prevented from using the forum because multiple moderators and administrators have unanimously decided that the forum is better off without you.

That simple definition can be extended to mean a lot of things. If you're like z400100500/ThemadhatterZ/JellyCorona and you do nothing but waste time, server space, and severely annoy members of administration and other users, then you will be banned because, as stated in the definition above, the forum is better off without you. Granted, cases like what was described in this paragraph is extremely rare and only happen over long periods of time.

And of course, if you spam, advertise, or degrade the forum and it's user base - you are very likely to be banned as that sort of thing is entirely unnecessary.

Please feel free to ask me more questions.

And welcome to the forum :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2009 05:55PM by Arikado.
August 13, 2009 06:39PM
Did you ban z400100500? lol he was funny.

And Welcome TopGun96.
August 13, 2009 09:44PM
thank you very much for the greet arikado and scanff. i do have one more question though. is it a permanent ban for those things that you listed (offtopic behavior ect.) or only for a set amount of time?

Also i have been watching these forums for a little over 6 months (but never had the time to join) and i do remember seeing those offenders that you listed. I must agree with Arikado's decision on those users as they did seem like they only wanted to waste time. (did you see z400100500's list of things he got banned from?!?!?! It's huge! :P)
August 13, 2009 09:59PM
TopGun96
is it a permanent ban for those things that you listed (offtopic behavior ect.) or only for a set amount of time?
If I were an admin (and when tona used to be active) it would've been a temporary ban for a month (and then a permanent one if such behavior continued). But since I'm not and the admins are too busy developing hacks to bother with the forum very much anymore, it's now a permanent ban (but I'll always warn users a lot before it has to come to that).
August 13, 2009 10:19PM
If you don't mind could you please explain to me what the difference is between admin and moderators?
Also, what happened to Tona?
August 13, 2009 10:34PM
Admin are higher up, and have more responsibilities, and can ban people.
August 13, 2009 11:40PM
scanff
Did you ban z400100500? lol he was funny.

I guess he came back under the name JellyCorona :-)
TheMadHatterZ may be a pseudonym of him too....
August 13, 2009 11:46PM
What about Tona?
August 14, 2009 04:34PM
TopGun96
If you don't mind could you please explain to me what the difference is between admin and moderators?
Moderators:
-Lock/Reopen Topics
-Move Topics
-Split/Merge Topics
-Sticky/Unsticky Topics
-View IP Addresses
-Delete Posts or Topics
-Edit Posts (except for those made by other moderators and admins)
-Approve or delete unapproved messages (spam, BootMii beta posts, reported posts)

Admins
-Everything moderators can do
-View private messages of users
-Access to the database (means they can view passwords)
-Change user permission levels (they can ban you from a single or all sections of the forum - they can make you a moderator for one or all sections of the forum)
-Access to the phorum software (so they're the ones you bitch to about e-mail not working)
-Delete/Disable user accounts from working
-Ban IP Addresses, E-mail Addresses, or User Names from registering and/or viewing the forum

TopGun69
Also, what happened to Tona?
Nothing. He's still logged into #wiidev He'll still have a nice long conversation with you if that's what you're looking for. He stopped being heavily involved in the forum because he needed more time to focus on his school work. I thought (and so did he at one point) he'd be more active on the forum again this summer, but apparently not.

If I see a place where we'd benefit from some posting contribution from him, I'll /msg him. I'll also /msg him if I need someone banned. And every now and then I /msg him just to talk.

Again, feel free to ask me more questions.
August 14, 2009 06:47PM
Alright that's about all my questions for now and once again thanks for the great welcome.
August 14, 2009 09:07PM
Arikado

They are not encrypted?
August 14, 2009 09:33PM
daniel_c_w
Arikado

They are not encrypted?
Dunno. I'm not an admin. But I do know they can easily retrieve them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login