Advanced

General C++ Tutorial

Posted by Alex 
Re: General C++ Tutorial
August 08, 2008 06:43PM
What's wrong with C#?
August 09, 2008 04:03AM
I agree with Dykam, its much cleaner to use than any language I've come across.
August 09, 2008 07:22AM
Dykam
What's wrong with C#?
C# is an object-oriented programming language developed by Microsoft. No need to say more.
August 09, 2008 07:31AM
There are compilers that will create binarys that run on both unix based systems and mac. C# was created because they tried to make a language called J# then Sun sued them as it was very similar to java incase people didn't know.
August 09, 2008 08:49AM
Crayon
Dykam
What's wrong with C#?
C# is an object-oriented programming language developed by Microsoft. No need to say more.
That doesn't mean it's MS only... The OS-project Mono uses C#. C++ is also partially developed by MS, Ansi/Iso has taken a lot of the features of VC++.
August 10, 2008 12:27AM
no no there is nothing wrong with it, i just dont like it as much as c and c++, its 100x better than java
August 10, 2008 03:22AM
Getting abused by the C# lovers :p
August 10, 2008 07:01AM
<.<...>.> HTML pawns
August 10, 2008 12:06PM
C# and HTML are no concurrency :D With C#->ASP.NET, HTML is generated.
August 11, 2008 01:10AM
Yeah I know...it's just the only thing I know how to do...well actually who doesn't these days :(
August 11, 2008 09:01AM
Almost everybody of my classmates...
August 20, 2008 12:43AM
I've finished it now, just adding example programs at the end of the chapter for code reference, it's around 90 something pages long, so yeah... I'll add a download for a pdf and get someone to format it on the wiki for me.
August 20, 2008 03:03PM
Yeah... know i'm really curious. Did you get threading in it?
August 21, 2008 09:38AM
It's a guide on libwiisprite so I didn't see the point, if you really really want, I can make a short guide on multithreading.
August 21, 2008 12:04PM
I really want it... it's usefull for steady framterates, and more.
August 21, 2008 12:11PM
Physics and graphics ;) I'll see if I can put something together or an example program.
August 21, 2008 12:15PM
Framerates->physics and graphics yeah. Thank you already :D.
August 25, 2008 09:35AM
I don't see much point in threading the physics and graphics at this level as the gpu will handle the graphics and the cpu, the physics (given of course that you are using a lib or api that is handled by the gpu).
August 28, 2008 05:12PM
I know.. but the main code is handled at the CPU.. is there another way for a steady framerate? Getting time to see the difference, and calculate it in at the movements?
August 29, 2008 12:38AM
There's a number of functions for getting the number of milliseconds, nanoseconds and clicks that have occured since the function executed and then determine what a section of the program does after that length of time, but this may be very difficult to figure out and I can't recall the functions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login