Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IOS versions 0xffff?

Posted by bg4545 
Re: IOS versions 0xffff?
August 25, 2009 11:28AM
No, In order to replace it I had him use WAD Manager to run of IOS250 (it was a cIOS) because IOS249 (also cIOS) was broken, and that was able to install the normal IOS34 and let him use the HackMii installer.
August 25, 2009 11:33AM
Jus as a side-note, cIOS has higher NAND permissions. That's why it can overwrite thes 0xfff IOSes.
August 25, 2009 11:38AM
Yeah, that's what I was saying. It's a good thing the cIOS was there
August 26, 2009 08:50PM
If he did not have a cIOS couldn't he have used the beta 8 installer since that uses the fake sign bug and then just have the homebrew channel update itself to 1.0.3?
August 26, 2009 08:51PM
When the homebrew channel updates itself, it just downloads and runs the HackMii Installer.
August 26, 2009 09:06PM
Oh

Although it does not matter because he already had a cIOS installed, the old homebrew channel could have been used to launch the cIOS installer, right? Or would that not work with the messed up IOSes?

I am not trying to defend cIOScorp, I do agree that it is a really bad program. I am just curious about whether his wii could have been fixed without a cIOS already installed.
August 26, 2009 09:17PM
I think that would have worked. However, I think I have found out the best way to remove cIOScorp - cIOScorp is basically just a batch WAD installer, it installs all the WADs in its WAD folder. You just replace every WAD in its WAD folder with original versions downloaded with NUSD. You just need to get EVERY WAD installed by cIOScorp from NUSD, rename them the same, optionally patch trucha into them with a PC app, then overwrite the cIOScorp WADs with the new ones. Then just run the cIOScorp installer again. After that, run AnyTitle Deleter and delete IOS201 and DVDX, then reinstall DVDX with HackMii Installer. That should (I think) rid you of all traces of cIOScorp.
August 26, 2009 10:01PM
DanielHueho
Jus as a side-note, cIOS has higher NAND permissions. That's why it can overwrite thes 0xfff IOSes.

Does the cIOScorp installer run on cIOS? Otherwise, if I understand it correctly, this should mean that this method will not work since it is installing IOSes with lower version numbers than the ones already installed. In any case, I would rather not attempt this until after installing bootmii incase it causes a brick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2009 10:03PM by jbc007.
August 26, 2009 10:04PM
What about those of us with macs that cant use NUSD? :P

Yes i believe that would work but... wouldn't it just be easier to run AnyRegion Changer? Then just re-update?
August 26, 2009 11:29PM
Possibly, but downgrade is fail and dangerous, WILL brick new wiis, so its best not to recommend it. Yes it will work for many, but now that cIOScorp has a "LU64 fix", some people who can install cIOScorp can't downgrade without bricking. For that reason, we should not give that as a recommended method of getting rid of cIOScrap.
August 26, 2009 11:35PM
Ahhhh... ok thanks for the heads up.
August 27, 2009 12:03AM
If I had to uninstall cIOSCORP, I would download WADs for every IOS that had been patched and then install them with WAD Manager, but that's because I'd rather rely on myself then the cIOSCORP Installer.
August 27, 2009 12:48AM
jbc007
If he did not have a cIOS couldn't he have used the beta 8 installer since that uses the fake sign bug and then just have the homebrew channel update itself to 1.0.3?
Where would he get the beta 8 installer?

MattMan
If I had to uninstall cIOSCORP, I would download WADs for every IOS that had been patched and then install them with WAD Manager, but that's because I'd rather rely on myself then the cIOSCORP Installer.
that would only work if WAD Manager is running off of a cIOS
August 27, 2009 02:12AM
And with the trucha bug in every IOS, it's fairly easy to get a cIOS.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2009 02:18AM by MattMan.
August 27, 2009 02:20AM
Yeah I suppose.. but for some reason IOS249 didn't work for that guy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login