Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Featured Homebrew

Posted by WaxyPumpkin72 
Featured Homebrew
September 02, 2009 04:30AM
Is this a lost cause? It hasn't been updated in a while (even though multiple people have made some suggestions). I still think Gecko OS should be nominated.....
Re: Featured Homebrew
September 02, 2009 05:11AM
read the things it need to be on the page
September 02, 2009 06:33AM
I nominate this bad boy.

Currently it supports burritos AND hamburgers!!!

Plus, you won't find a more anticipated "to do" list...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 06:34AM by mdbrim.
September 02, 2009 06:40AM
ROFL, I just laughed so hard!! I don't know why, but that app is awesome!!
September 02, 2009 10:28PM
and it makes a great spicy burrito :P
September 16, 2009 11:31PM
Seriously, this is lame. Who's in charge of this? Gecko OS was just nominated again by someone else...It meets all of the requirements.

It should be featured.
September 17, 2009 01:54AM
I'd have to agree.
September 17, 2009 02:06AM
PhoenixTank
I'd have to agree.
I know, really. Its one of the best HBC applications. Even if you don't use it to just cheat on games, it has so many functions. Its awesome.

BTW, where've you been? :D
September 17, 2009 09:17PM
Yeah I'd agree that this needs updating. Whats the point if nobody manages it. There are so many great apps that should be on there.
September 18, 2009 10:40AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Is this a lost cause? It hasn't been updated in a while (even though multiple people have made some suggestions). I still think Gecko OS should be nominated.....

The last of the nomination criterias:

"The application must not modify the Wii's flash memory (NAND) or otherwise cause permanent changes to the Wii"

Gecko OS does this, when it installs updates from discs.
September 18, 2009 09:03PM
profetylen
WaxyPumpkin72

The last of the nomination criterias:

"The application must not modify the Wii's flash memory (NAND) or otherwise cause permanent changes to the Wii"

Gecko OS does this, when it installs updates from discs.
...But isn't that optional? Its not like starfall or something where the only reason to use it is to modify the NAND...
September 18, 2009 11:12PM
True, but it can do it, therefore, there is a (very slight) brick risk if you dont know what you're doing and install an update, then lose power or something goes wrong. Therefore, it cannot be recommended to n00bs as a recommended homebrew.
September 19, 2009 04:20AM
SifJar
True, but it can do it, therefore, there is a (very slight) brick risk if you dont know what you're doing and install an update, then lose power or something goes wrong. Therefore, it cannot be recommended to n00bs as a recommended homebrew.
Maybe we could recommend 1.7b? That doesn't modify the NAND, and its still a good app.
September 19, 2009 01:51PM
It cant install updates? Then it should be OK, but the problem is, the link will take you to the Gecko OS page, and people will just go "Oh, there's a v1.9, I'll download it instead of v1.7b".
September 20, 2009 03:19PM
Hm there's no warning sign on the Gecko OS wiki page saying this application makes permanent changes to your NAND. Why is that?
September 20, 2009 03:37PM
Because it is pretty fool proof and not that dangerous I guess....
September 20, 2009 08:38PM
@TopGun96: OK
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login