Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

iPhone!

Posted by mdbrim 
iPhone!
September 04, 2009 09:49PM
So there I was a year or two ago, playing Mario Kart Wii online and some guy used a Bullet Bill right off the start line and thus gave me my introduction to cheating online... I was determined to find out how he did it (not because i wanted to cheat too, but because it obviously meant he had modded his wii some how)

So i used google to type in "Wii MarioKart Cheat Online".

After sifting my way thru a bunch of youtube videos and links, i stumbled across this site. Thus my introduction to Homebrew! I followed the instructions, and before you know it I was downloading homebrew and playing apps and now making them.

Only now thru this forum have i discovered all the other "fail" ways that people hack their Wii... those unfortunately souls whose google searches led them to the bad sites and they've ruined / bricked their Wiis... i was LUCKY that i found this site.

Point of this novel:
I just recently got an iPhone... and because i know what i now know and don't think i would get lucky again, i don't necessarily want to just plug in Unlock iPhone into google and blindly trust the first site i come across.

Any of you guys have iPhones that you've unlocked? any good, trusted, non "fail" sites that you guys use/trust for unlocking iPhones? I found a wiki page (like this one) for the iPhone but don't know if it's trustable. Any one with iPhone unlocking experience that would know about "brick rates" for modding the iPhone...

I love my wii and i was lucky that i stumbled across what i consider to be a good safe wii "hacking" website.
I love my iPhone and would like to enjoy an equally safe "hacking" experience!!

-mdbrim
Re: iPhone!
September 04, 2009 09:56PM
[iphone-dev.org]

Its lead in part by bushing and marcan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2009 05:39PM by Arikado.
September 04, 2009 10:12PM
Yep infact I am typing this from my iPhone right now. I used all their tools to unlock and hack it (jailbreak)
September 05, 2009 04:49AM
awesome... thanks Arikado... i'll check it out.

I might be picking your brain later TopGun!
September 09, 2009 11:41PM
I am getting an iPhone from work in th near future, and i have permission to jailbreak it (because I'm in IT) but it is a 3GS so i have some work to do!
September 09, 2009 11:45PM
Actually you can jailbreak the 3GS just like any other iPhone (minus the unlocking). Just use redsn0w 8.0 and then use ultrasn0w to unlock it. Just like the 3G...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login