LowLines WiiStyle Icons
August 07, 2008 04:46PM
Since the admins at wiibrew decided to remake the forums, LowLines request forum for his WiiStyle icons has been removed. I'm here to remake that great forum topic. I can't promise that lowlines will actually see this but I hope he will. Also, I've created an icon for NuGaSa. It's based off of his Gamecube Saver icon. I'll post back after I make sure. LowLines: You can make any changes to this icon you like. I also invite you to take over this forum. And if you're bored and have not much to do, could you make a Chip-8 Icon for your emulators section to go with Chippy?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2008 05:03PM by seandgibbonsy.
Re: LowLines WiiStyle Icons
August 15, 2008 12:55PM
Personally I was incredibly pissed that this "starting fresh" thing happened. Personally a forum should never get wiped clean because it's like building up a community of people and then dropping a bomb on them flattening and killing everything so they have to start all over.

I have declared I am no longer gonna be working on the project the same way, as the forum move has quite plainly killed my motivation to work on it as the project was very much a user driven project and I am one that hates spending hours say like writing something in Flash/Actionscript and then it crashes and you lose everything. That's just me.

Besides that I have a much busier life now and as said before don't really have the interest in my little projects for the time being. So yeah just in case no one saw my message I left on the WiiBrew Homebrew Applications page.
August 15, 2008 06:05PM
i agree, this new forum switch was stupid, and some of my better friends from the other forum, havent come over this way yet
August 15, 2008 07:18PM
Well there is still of copy of the old forums if you need anything ^_^
August 15, 2008 09:12PM
LowLines
Personally I was incredibly pissed that this "starting fresh" thing happened. Personally a forum should never get wiped clean because it's like building up a community of people and then dropping a bomb on them flattening and killing everything so they have to start all over.

I have declared I am no longer gonna be working on the project the same way, as the forum move has quite plainly killed my motivation to work on it as the project was very much a user driven project and I am one that hates spending hours say like writing something in Flash/Actionscript and then it crashes and you lose everything. That's just me.

Besides that I have a much busier life now and as said before don't really have the interest in my little projects for the time being. So yeah just in case no one saw my message I left on the WiiBrew Homebrew Applications page.
I completely agree with you, I used to have many posts but now I no longer feel like posting or rebuilding the community and re-answering all the newb questions that could be found by searching the forum, it seems like quite a few other members have stopped posting as well.
August 15, 2008 11:22PM
There was an old forum?
August 15, 2008 11:38PM
yeah, there was an old, well-established forum that was recently dumped shortly before you joined, I believe there is a topic with a link to where you can see the old forum and view the old posts, they should have been transferred over to this one along with the accounts.
August 15, 2008 11:42PM
That sucks for you guys. I know how crappy it feels when your favorite forum gets cannibalized.
August 16, 2008 01:42AM
As interesting as all this "old forum" talk is, it certainly doesn't fit this topic. LowLines has stated his not going to continue his icon set, so I'm going to lock this topic pending any developments with that issue.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.