Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jailbreak iPod Touch?

Posted by WaxyPumpkin72 
Jailbreak iPod Touch?
September 12, 2009 08:51AM
Someone recently made a topic about jailbreaking an iphone, but i'm thinking about getting an iPod touch, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a legal method to do so.

If anyone could give me some info, I'd appreciate it!! :)
Re: Jailbreak iPod Touch?
September 12, 2009 09:09AM
what do you mean legal?
September 12, 2009 12:42PM
According to apple all jailbreaking is illegal, but according to the law it isnt. They tried to get an exception, but I dont think they managed. Anyway, the best way is to use redsn0w from the iphone-dev team. bushing and marcan are on that team, so I'd guess its legal.
September 12, 2009 02:55PM
They went to the copyright enforcer people (don't know the name) and they said that the tools used to jailbreak use all original code therefore not illegal. (just like the HBC huh?) you can go Here to get the jailbreaking software. Use the newest redsn0w 7 (I think it's 7.2) not 8 as I think that is for 3GS only. Have fun!
September 12, 2009 05:29PM
but what he wants is to jailbreak the ipod touch not iphone
September 12, 2009 05:41PM
You use redsn0w for everything. The latest version works with all iPhones and iPod Touchs afaik.

EDIT: Except the 3rd gen iPod Touch obviously. I mean, it was only released about 2 days ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2009 05:43PM by SifJar.
September 12, 2009 06:25PM
search for quickpwn on youtube, thats wat my brother did and it worked great
September 12, 2009 06:50PM
Quickpwn wont work anymore. You need to use redsn0w with the second gen iPod touch afaik, and you definetly need redsn0w for firmware 3.0, which it will almost definetly come with. BTW, I'd hurry and get the iPod if you definetly want jailbreak, because the 3rd gen one will be all over the place soon, and its currently unjailbreakable. And if the iPod you get comes with 3.1, it'll also be unjailbreakable. Personally, I'd go for the third gen as it has a few decent new features, and then wait for the inevitable jailbreak, but there's no guarantee.
September 12, 2009 08:04PM
SifJar
You use redsn0w for everything. The latest version works with all iPhones and iPod Touchs afaik.

EDIT: Except the 3rd gen iPod Touch obviously. I mean, it was only released about 2 days ago.
Poop. I said I'm thinking about getting one, not that I already have one. I guess that means I won't be getting a 2nd generation one, then. Oh well.

Thanks for all the help anyway, guys. :)

Edit: Oh, wait, I just found this!! It looks like they're still selling 2nd generation ones. W00t!! :D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2009 08:07PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
September 12, 2009 08:09PM
Jailbreaking. There's an app for that :-)
September 12, 2009 10:17PM
metroid_maniac

lol.

Anyway, I'd advise getting a 3rd gen. Chances are it'll be jailbroken soon enough, and until then, there are plenty of apps in the app store. And the 3rd gen is more powerful than the other two, its cheaper, and it has a FM transmitter in it, which probably wont ever be used by Apple, but I'm sure iphone-dev team could get it working through jailbreak.
September 12, 2009 10:22PM
SifJar
metroid_maniac

lol.

Anyway, I'd advise getting a 3rd gen. Chances are it'll be jailbroken soon enough, and until then, there are plenty of apps in the app store. And the 3rd gen is more powerful than the other two, its cheaper, and it has a FM transmitter in it, which probably wont ever be used by Apple, but I'm sure iphone-dev team could get it working through jailbreak.
Okey-Dokey, thanks. I was kind of thinking the same thing after I posted what I said. They'll probably make a way to jailbreak the new one sooner or later.

Thanks, everybody! :)
September 12, 2009 11:00PM
who knows? Apple did almost nothing to block jailbreaking in the 3GS (i think)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2009 11:01PM by TopGun96.
September 12, 2009 11:15PM
I think they did do something, but iphone-dev team had found another exploit just before the 3GS was released, and Apple didnt have time to fix it first.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2009 11:15PM by SifJar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login