Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Should I get A DSI or psp?

Posted by chey_Zx 
Should I get A DSI or psp?
September 14, 2009 01:41AM
Hey i was just wondering should i get a DSi or a psp. i already have a ds lite and i hardly ever play that. but my main concern is homebrew. wich one would run homebrew better? (its always ben a dream to play my leagaly obtained nes, snes, ect on the go). i am leaning twords the psp mainly because it is more powerfull than the dsi so wouldnt that make for better homebrew possibilities? any iput would be nice :}
Re: Should I get A DSI or psp?
September 14, 2009 01:47AM
DSi homebrew will definitely be cool but is still a while away... A PSP has more powerful homebrew and requires a special battery and memory stick (aka not free)

The PSP way of hacking with the battery and stuff will always work but the DSi has already blocked a few flashcarts (not free) but when the DSi exploit does come out it will be free. This will probably be blocked but we will almost definitely find a work around...
Really the choice is yours.
September 14, 2009 02:02AM
i wonder if the dsi will have better games than the ds (cause lets face it for the ds it was maby like 1 in 7 games were actualy worth buying).
September 14, 2009 02:05AM
lol i know what you mean.... I think that the games would have to be better. (would be hard to do worse)
September 14, 2009 03:14AM
umm... you can make the special memory stick and battery yourself for free if you know someone with a modded PSP. The battery mod is a softmod, and the Memory Stick mod is too. In fact, I hereby offer to mod the PSP of any member here
September 14, 2009 03:30AM
Isn't the battery mod a hardware mod that requires you to lift some flap inside or something?
September 14, 2009 04:43AM
i like the dsi because of its cameras even though theyre not relly good but it has 2!! and topgun is right when an exploit comes out for the dsi it will be free so thats great
September 14, 2009 07:02AM
TopGun96
Isn't the battery mod a hardware mod that requires you to lift some flap inside or something?

only if you have absolutely no way of softmodding it. There's a little eeprom chip inside each battery that holds the serial number, if the serial number reads 0x*Random 8 bits* it's a regular battery, if it reads 0xFFFFFFFF it's a Jigkick or "Pandora" battery, and if it reads 0x00000000 it's an auto-boot battery (kinda useless, and most people don't know about it). If there's one thing I know, it's PSP hacking, I used to talk to DAX/Mathieulh/Freeplay/etc. etc. all the time.

Once again, I reiterate, if you need your PSP hacked, lemme know, I'll set you up

EDIT: lol, I remember the night before the whole Pandora thing was announced, Mathieulh came on IRC and said "hey, something MASSIVE coming tomorrow, can't divulge details" and I said "if it's a universal unbricker, I will fly to France and **** his ****" .... I never made good on that offer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 07:04AM by cactusjack901.
September 14, 2009 09:34PM
isnt the psp 3000 "Unhackable" if yes i'm guessing i would need a psp 2000
September 14, 2009 09:57PM
chey_Zx
Hey i was just wondering should i get a DSi or a psp. i already have a ds lite and i hardly ever play that. but my main concern is homebrew. wich one would run homebrew better? (its always ben a dream to play my leagaly obtained nes, snes, ect on the go). i am leaning twords the psp mainly because it is more powerfull than the dsi so wouldnt that make for better homebrew possibilities? any iput would be nice :}
Ew, Sony. Get a DSi. :)
September 14, 2009 10:05PM
chey_Zx
bollocks!

Nothing is unhackable, anything can be hacked, you just need a lot of knowledge and a bit of luck, and maybe a tweezer or two ;-)
September 14, 2009 10:16PM
WaxyPumpkin72
chey_Zx
Ew, Sony. Get a DSi. :)
Yeah i know i hate sony. their battries suck their computer have tones of probalems and i hear that the ps3 isnt doing to great eathiers.
i was just thinking that the psp would be better for homebrew due to it powerful hardwae. i dont know i could be wrong
September 14, 2009 11:31PM
yay three sony haters (that includes me)
sony sucks!!!
September 15, 2009 12:45AM
SteelSLasher
chey_Zx
bollocks!

Nothing is unhackable, anything can be hacked, you just need a lot of knowledge and a bit of luck, and maybe a tweezer or two ;-)

it's not that it's "unhackable" it's just that it's a new motherboard revision that we haven't figured out, and the latest run of PSP-2000s has a mobo revision that we haven't figured out. Unless having Skype or 12 extra default backgrounds means something to you, I'd say get a PSP-1000, mine works just fine (well...mostly, I kinda dropped it and fucked up my analog nub, but I was thinking about getting a PSP Go after we figure out how to mod that anyway)
September 15, 2009 06:34AM
I think PSP is better.
September 15, 2009 07:08AM
bg4545
I think PSP is better.
That may be, but all around, I think Nintendo is better than Sony.
September 15, 2009 10:03PM
I have a psp 3000 that can run some homebrew, load psp AND psx isos and load a recovery menu. You don't NEED a pandora battery to mod it either. It all depends on if you smart enough to not upgrade you firmware every five seconds. ;p

[pspslimhacks.com]

[psp3000hacks.com]

Can we get our facts right and re-open the choice of a psp now as not that many people here seem to have had contact with the psp modding scene AT ALL.....
September 16, 2009 01:56AM
Lemonbox
I have a psp 3000 that can run some homebrew, load psp AND psx isos and load a recovery menu. You don't NEED a pandora battery to mod it either. It all depends on if you smart enough to not upgrade you firmware every five seconds. ;p

[pspslimhacks.com]

[psp3000hacks.com]

Can we get our facts right and re-open the choice of a psp now as not that many people here seem to have had contact with the psp modding scene AT ALL.....
The choice was never closed. Some of said to get PSP, some said don't. Its that simple. :D
September 16, 2009 07:33AM
Lemonbox

[pspslimhacks.com]

[psp3000hacks.com]

well, I for one, would like to state that I am much contact with the PSP modding scene, but iirc, the 3000 needs to run homebrew through a HEN, which is horribly unstable (granted, last time I had to use a hen was DAX's HENC for 2.71, so they may have gotten better)
September 16, 2009 12:56PM
WaxyPumpkin72
Lemonbox

[pspslimhacks.com]

[psp3000hacks.com]

The choice was never closed. Some of said to get PSP, some said don't. Its that simple. :D

Sorry about that, I should have said "re-open the choice of a psp3000"

The psp 3000 requires a HEN(Homebrew Enabler) in order to run the custom firmware GEN-A, it's the HEN that is unstable as it uses a tiff exploit which never EVER ALWAYS works(anyone who says otherwise is lying, simple as that). The idea is you try to run the tiff exploit until it finally works and you DON'T turn off your psp otherwise it wipes the memory that the HEN loads off. Same goes for when you boot the CFW(custom firmware), until this bug is sorted out, the HEN loading process itself will never always work properly and HENR3 is being worked on in the meantime.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login